Men's Clothing Forums banner

Polishing a saddle shoe

6K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Thewaxmania 
#1 ·
I've just purchased a Florsheim Hamilton:

Obviously, it is a two-tone, black and burgundy, shoe, basically a clone of the AE Shelton (which I hope to upgrade to in the future). How should I go about polishing this shoe, with a clear polish, or with two different tones of polish, being careful in how I apply them?

#7 ·
Use black on both the burgundy and black

Black shoe polish should make the burgundy darker over time, and it will give the shoes a more refined contrast.
You own my favorite lookin' shoe, except mine are Johnston & Murphy and I've had them since '81. Don't do the above. Get some oxblood (cordovan) polish and some black polish and do them accordingly.

And don't let them hear Lips Inc. or they'll begin to dance on their own.

#10 ·
What happens if you have a two tone that's not similar like black and white?
You could always just polish the entire shoe with a neutral polish. Or you could polish the two portions separately with their corresponding colors of polish. If its black and white, be careful not to get black polish on the white bits or if you do, get it off quickly. You don't want to look like you polished your shoes with one eye closed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.