Men's Clothing Forums banner

Do you wear a pocket square every time you wear a jacket?

• Of course!

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • Usually.

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • Hardly ever.

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • I'm too hip for pocket squares!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is a pocket square?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Didn't used to, now I wear one every time. Usually it is one of my colored ones (1 gold, 1 silver, 1 red, 2 blue), but occasionally I will don a simple white one. But a suit really doesn't look complete anymore without it. And being a man with more padding ;) I also like how a PS draws eyes up, away from my rotund.

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
Never to a funeral and I probably wouldn't wear one to a job interview. Other than that - always.
I wore one to both funerals I attended in the last few years. There were no negative comments about it -- it was subtle and white.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't normaly wear a jacket to work, so most of my dressing with a jacket is for social occasions. Since reading many posts here, I have come to view wearing a pocket square as de rigueur.

So yes, always a pocket square, even if it is just a thin strip of white, but often it has some colour and is folded to a pattern. I am cautious with colour as my colour coordination skills are extremely weak.

Lucifigus

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.