Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already got down how to match a pocket square to a tie color wise. I have a variety of silk, linen and cotton pocket squares.

Would you wear linen pocket squares ONLY with a linen suit/ jacket or also a wool one? Aside from a solid white, what about cotton, is it less than ideal to wear with a wool jacket/ suit? I ask this because I hear that it’s good to have contrast material wise between ties and ps’s.

I have two events coming up that would have me wearing my navy wool suit with a red tie (either a silk knitted or a silk woven). In this scenario would you wear a silk or linen pocket square?

· Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wool pocket squares are something of a rarity in my experience. In years of haunting men's stores and departments, the only ones I have seen were at Bloomingdale's a year or so ago. I bought a couple, and just by chance I happen to be wearing one at the moment. The vast majority of my squares are silk, distantly followed by cotton and linen.
So your tie and ps are generally both silk?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.