Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the recent depreciation of the british pound, is PLAL still the best place to purchase C&J? There has been no change to their pricing even though it's cheaper now for them to import british products.

Would I be better off buying from a British retailer in pound?

·
Registered
194 Posts
PLAL for C&J

I just ordered the Handgrade Weymouth 9411-19 B Dark Brown Antique Calf, Oak Bark Sole, Fitting E Last 337 and the total bill was shoes M$ 1,499.00 + insurance M$ 20.00 = M$1,519-00 with the conversion from Malaysia Ringgits to US Dollars my credit card was charged $436.88 + 3.50 conversion fee for a total of $471.88 US Dollars. Shipping on the handgrades was free.

Robert Old was charging $510.12 without VAT and $599.40 with VAT and that did dot include shipping to the US. So for me it was a no brainer. Any one know where I could have gotten a better price?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I just ordered the Handgrade Weymouth 9411-19 B Dark Brown Antique Calf, Oak Bark Sole, Fitting E Last 337 and the total bill was shoes M$ 1,499.00 + insurance M$ 20.00 = M$1,519-00 with the conversion from Malaysia Ringgits to US Dollars my credit card was charged $436.88 + 3.50 conversion fee for a total of $471.88 US Dollars. Shipping on the handgrades was free.

Robert Old was charging $510.12 without VAT and $599.40 with VAT and that did dot include shipping to the US. So for me it was a no brainer. Any one know where I could have gotten a better price?
How long does it take to get the shoes from PLAL? 436.88 + $3.50=$440.38. What is $471.88?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I received my C&J Handgrade Weymouth shoes from PLal today November 7. They shipped the shoes on October 30 so it took about 10 days. I am sorry to say, that I will have to return them because they are too long. I wear a size 8D US and I ordered a 7 1/2 E. The width is OK however, when I bend my foot it creates a very large crease in the top of the shoe. Any one in the US think that they might be interested in them? It would be cheater to ship them here in the US. Send me a PM.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Everyone's foot is slightly different ....

I have two C&J Weymouth's in 8-1/2 E UK, and I wear a 9D US. The 337 last is somewhat narrower in fit which is fine with me. Many US D fittings are just too wide, including the A-Es preferred by many here. Most A-Es are round toed anyway, which I don't like even if it's an EG. I love British suits and shirts, bur round toed British shoes look inelegant to me.

By the way, Robert Old does not charge for shipping C&J hangrades.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am sitting here in my living room with the shoes on watching Texas beat Baylor 7/0 in the first quater trying to convience myself that I should keep them, however, I am concerned about the crease that might develop.

DFloyd did you have a problem with creasing on yours?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
This should not come as a surprise to you, but shoes will crease with wear. Just make sure you care for them properly and keep trees in them when not in use. Once again, if you are looking for a shoe that will not crease, you will either need to look for something in a canvas, or develop a walk that looks more like a shuffle to avoid flexing your feet.

Once you know your sizes in the different lasts C&J offers, I cannot speak highly enough of purchasing from Plal. They are all about service, and will do what they need to make sure their customers are satisfied.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I had no problem with creases, and my shoes (two pair of Weymouths) ....

are about 2 years old. I only down sized a 1/2 size when ordering the UK size: 9 US to
8-1/2 UK. No creases and they fit better than any US shoe I have tried in the past ten years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.