Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a set of plain gold studs (no setting).I think it would look rather elegant.Any ideas on where to find a set (preferably with cufflinks)?I'm also interested in hearing your opinions regarding plain studs.

·
Tech and Business Advice Guru
6,643 Posts
I've been looking for a set of plain gold studs (no setting).I think it would look rather elegant.Any ideas on where to find a set (preferably with cufflinks)?I'm also interested in hearing your opinions regarding plain studs.
Tiffany, Fred Leighton, Aaron Basha, Reinstein Ross.

·
6,643 Posts
That's probably where I'll look (I love eBaying).
Sorry - I thought you meant gold as in precious metal.

Krementz for $20 are a great buy - market price is much higher.

·
6,643 Posts
Of course I meant gold as in precious metal,I would only buy a set from eBay if they were from a reputable company.
If you are looking for jewelry as investment, I don't really think I would do Ebay. Pawn shop - maybe - if I knew enough to know what I was looking at. More probably an estate jeweler like Edith Weber or Fred Leighton.
If I really wanted the maximum worth for my investment, I would have a jeweler make it for me of 18k yellow. Or, if I knew someone who could work with it, I would have it of 24k pmc gold.

I haven't Ebayed since it began to be so much replica/bootleg crap 3-4 years ago, but isn't "reputable company" + "ebay" an oxymoron?

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you are looking for jewelry as investment, I don't really think I would do Ebay. Pawn shop - maybe - if I knew enough to know what I was looking at. More probably an estate jeweler like Edith Weber or Fred Leighton.
If I really wanted the maximum worth for my investment, I would have a jeweler make it for me of 18k yellow. Or, if I knew someone who could work with it, I would have it of 24k pmc gold.

I haven't Ebayed since it began to be so much replica/bootleg crap 3-4 years ago, but isn't "reputable company" + "ebay" an oxymoron?
I have considered having a jeweler do a set before (I have been drooling for a set of matching onyx waisctoat and shirt studs).But alas,I have no reputable jewelers where I live,so I'm up a creek sans paddle.Oh,and by "reputable company",I meant vintage Krementz or something along those lines,not the cheap ex-rental or worse yet imitation garbage that some sellers are peddling.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Tiffany, Fred Leighton, Aaron Basha, Reinstein Ross.
Tiffany might have something more conservative in their store, but the web site shows an X with diamonds ($850 each) and a small basketweave ($450 each). Silver knots are $75.

I thought these were interesting, on jewelbasket.com, but I have no idea of the reputation of the company.
https://www.jewelbasket.com/jbly-4-h.html

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tiffany might have something more conservative in their store, but the web site shows an X with diamonds ($850 each) and a small basketweave ($450 each). Silver knots are $75.

I thought these were interesting, on jewelbasket.com, but I have no idea of the reputation of the company.
https://www.jewelbasket.com/jbly-4-h.html
Those are exactly what I was looking for.Now I have another dumb question,if I should get these,what cufflinks should I wear (I have no plian gold cufflinks)?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I just received a catalog from ....

Joseph Turner Shirts (jt-shirts.com) with plain gold cuff links chain connected. They are oval in shape and 9ct. There price is $528. They are a British shirt maker who seem to be about the same as CT shirts. They also appear to make a nice marcella evening shirt with turn down collar on sale for 50% off .... $85.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.