Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a pair of Bill's Khaki's red plaid pants on eBay for next to nothing--it is, after all, almost Xmas. My wife is not impressed. She says plaids make short men (I'm 5'6") look fat. Should I listen to her or continue to make a fool of myself?

·
Registered
679 Posts
cdavant, before we can help you, we have to know what 'ploid' pants are.

It sounds like the type of garb a 'Star Trek' character might don.

Kind Regards,

Chase

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I just picked up a pair of Bill's Khaki's red plaid pants on eBay for next to nothing--it is, after all, almost Xmas. My wife is not impressed. She says plaids make short men (I'm 5'6") look fat. Should I listen to her or continue to make a fool of myself?
Do you then say "Frodrick"?

Actually I'm 5'6 and have several plaid pants and I think the trick is to keep the pattern subtle.

·
Registered
679 Posts
From Wikipedia:

Ploidy is the number of homologous sets of chromosomes in a biological cell. The ploidy of cells can vary within an organism. In humans, most cells are diploid (containing one set of chromosomes from each parent), but sex cells (sperm and egg) are haploid. In contrast, tetraploidy (four sets of chromosomes) is a type of polyploidy and is common in plants, and not uncommon in amphibians, reptiles, and various species of insects.

The number of chromosomes in one of the mutually-homologous sets is called the monoploid number (x). This is the same number for every set in every cell of a given organism.

--Chase

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Well I'm 6' and almost never wear plaid pants, though I do wear plaid shirts quite a lot! I'm not really sure why...I have plaid pants that (seem to) have been hanging in the closet, forever. My advice to the OP is to wear them, if you are so inclined.

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
It sounds to me like your wife dislikes the pants, or at least dislikes the way they look on you. No one here has seen the pants, your wife has. You aren't married to anyone here, you are married to your wife.

Unless your wife has a history of being really unreasonable about things, I think that the best course of action is to value her feelings and opinions more than that of a bunch of folks on an internet forum. If she is merely thinking out loud and doesn't feel strongly about this one way or the other, wear the pants if you like them; however, if she truly hates the pants and perhaps would be embarrassed by the way they look on you, it might be best to let this pair of pants go.

Cruiser

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Plads are fine, but if you're short make sure the pattern is smaller. Large plads on smaller people can look ridiculous.

·
Honored Professor | Moderator, All Forums
5,071 Posts
cdavant, before we can help you, we have to know what 'ploid' pants are.It sounds like the type of garb a 'Star Trek' character might don.Kind Regards, Chase
While my guess is that you could surmise that his inquiry was about plaid pants, the title of this thread has now been changed. Discussions about Star Trek garb can be posted in another arena. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.