Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think? There are some things I definately am not happy with unfortunately. I just got it shipped to me today after their in-store tailor made adjustments.

[

this photo was shot from a terrible angle:

·
Registered
834 Posts
Are there five buttons on the sleeve?

·
Registered
702 Posts
unfortunately, 4k
Last week I paid a visit to Tom Ford store in my country (we have one). Suits now with 40 percent discount (1.600 $). No discounts for ties ( 150 $). I like Tom ford belts with real white gold. What I really like in Tom Ford collection are cashmere coats (6.800 $ before discount). The highest quality British cashmere and now I'm finking about it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I agree that the shoulders are a tad wide. Unfortunately, the shoulders are pretty much un-alterable. 5 buttons on the sleeve are no big deal for me. I actually kind of like that. I'm assuming it's a fused suit? For $4K, I would have gone bespoke for the perfect fit AND saved some money.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
It looks just like Daniel Craig's suit in Quantum of Solace. The trouser rise looks a little short to me. The sleeves look too long and would need to be altered from the shoulders. While the shoulders are too wide, I do like the shape.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree that the shoulders are a tad wide. Unfortunately, the shoulders are pretty much un-alterable. 5 buttons on the sleeve are no big deal for me. I actually kind of like that. I'm assuming it's a fused suit? For $4K, I would have gone bespoke for the perfect fit AND saved some money.
Full canvas, not fused. I think the shoulders are too narrow

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just curious, what alterations were done to the jacket? Was the shoulder fit not noticeable when you first tried it on?
When i first tried it on OTR it looked more Tom Ford-esque. They let out the coat around the belly button, shortened the sleeves, did something under the arms around the chest, eased the back seam, opened trousers (they were definately too tight).

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
It's obviously a very nice suit. I agree it does appear a little too snug. You mentioned that you had several parts let out to give you some more room. For future reference, its much better to take things in then to let things out. It's hard to keep the proper designed fit and drape when you are adding fabric to various parts of the suit.

Others had mentioned you would have been better to get a bespoke suit for $4K. If you are into Tom Ford, I think Canali and Ermenegildo Zegna both have a fit that you would find to your liking. If I were spending $4k, I'd much rather have 2 custom/made to measure Zegna suits, then one improper fitting OTR Tom Ford.

·
Banned
16,023 Posts
For $4k, you can also get a suit by some Savile Row (or surrounding area) tailors. That depends on their travel schedule and your availability, however. Thomas Mahon makes a three-roll-two coat, but it's not as structured looking. Then again, if that suit is too tight for you it may be a good thing.

See if you can return it. You shouldn't be unhappy having spent that much money.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's hard to tell from your photos, but it looks like you have a bit of bunching below the rear of the collar. You could always have the collar lowered (this is a standard alteration).

Other than that, perhaps shorten the sleeves just a bit if you like to show some cuff (you should have enough fabric to do it from the bottom of the sleeve) and suppress the waist some. The arms look fine to me, i.e., not too tight. If the shoulders are too snug, well, you can always lose some weight. ;-)

I'm curious - did you purchase your suit @ the Madison Ave. store? If so, I'm not impressed with the tailors there.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.