Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a small mystery the last few days.
I would put a new roll of TP on the wallmount, and within less than an hour it was back to an empty carboard roll.
I thought my 85 y/o mother was displaying a little dementia, but she angrily said no, she wasn't switching it .
I just walked in and the mystery is solved.
Piewacket had somehow shoved his litterbox from the corner to over to the edge of the toilet.
The cardboard core was again in place, less than 20 minutes after I replaced it again.
And there, covering his rather odorifous turd, was an entire roll, neatly accordianed on top with measured claw marks.
Further investigation revealed 5 more rolls, apparently removed shortly after and hidden behind the wastebasket.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'd like to set up a tropical fish aquarium, but I don't have a good spot in my house to put it.

If I have time in the spring I'll get my goldfish pond going again, hopefully the successors to Tim 1, Tim 2 and Tim 3 will fare better than their guinea-pig ancestors.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I spilled a frosty shake in the floor board of my car once. I thought I cleaned it all up.I left the doors open to finish drying out.I went inside for probably 3 minutes and returned to find my 2 siberian huskys in the car with mouthfuls of what was at one time the carpet in my car.:drunken_smilie: Cosmo

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Reminds me. I once had a small cage with some breeder quail in it. The cage was of my own design and manufacture, made entirely of stiff wire. Usually the birds were kept in a shed, but since it was summer and the days were long, they were being kept outside. The cage had about a dozen birds in it. One day three of them were dead, decapitated, the heads gone. Great, they'd gone cannibal on me. The next day, three more were headless. Hmm. The next day, three more. Quail serial killer? Okay, no way three birds ate the other three's heads. Well, I'm down to three birds. So, I decide to wait and see what's getting my birds. Around 9 PM an old tabby cat comes up, jumps on top of the cage, reaches down in, grabs a bird, pulls it up and bites its head off. I approached the cat, explained to it whose quail it had been eating, and we reached an understanding.

How's that for a Kav-style story?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Lots of baby Ball Pythons are born without the urge to eat. The only known cure for this is to "force" them to feed after a few months. You can use your imagination about how it's done and how much fun it is.

I live in an apartment. The apartment manager is the "girly" type. He signs for my UPS deliveries of frozen rats. The outside of the box says, "frozen meat." I think he might die if he knew it was frozen rats.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
How 'pedantic' of you. I start threads and you race for a bucket of cold water.
Cats have been associated with mankind for 4,000 years. The partnership started in Egypt where the ancestors of the domestic cat were used to guard the graineries from mice.
It seems to have worked, one God in their pantheon being a cat.
I know of two cases where cats protected their humans.
One was a young college coed with a male Siamese. A serial rapist had broken in and was almost to her second floor room when Mr cat intervened.
The man was caught at a local hosital bleeding profusely from multiple claw and bite wounds.
Hte second incident involved a break in with an open window and screen. the guy was halfway in when the cat, oh and it was blind, let him have it.
Again, police followed the blood trail to the culprit.
An extreme exmple was in the memoirs of a famous burglar. he was squezzing through a tight window when he saw two BIG cat eyes. It was a pet black panther. He backed out so fast the window frame came with him.
As for my own Piewacket, as a 6 month juvenile he went nuts one day during el Nino.
I had to go to my car. everytime I started to open the door, he tore into my ( booted) leg clawing and biting and making a horrific catterwaller. I pulled him off 5 times. just as I went for a sixth attempt ( this all took maybe 2 minutes) a huge California oaktree came crashing down, taking out cars, the stairwell I would have been on and the entire external wall of my nieghbor's apt.
If you don't like cats, simply scatter citrus peels around your property.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Indeed. A mentor of mine tells a story where a young relation of his had volunteered to tend to his fiance's cat one afternoon. He was cleaning up after it, or feeding it, or doing some other harmless activity that it misinterpreted. He used what might be called excessive force in his own defense and the animal required attention. The young lady happened to be enrolled in veterinary school, and her instructors gave her an ultimatum: either pursue felony animal cruelty charges against the young man, or be prepared to be found unfit to enter the profession. She chose a career over love, as many young people are forced to do, albeit under different circumstances.

·
Registered
243 Posts
...The apartment manager is the "girly" type. He signs ...
How dare you! Offensive! Womens Lib! Negativity! Blah blah blah!;)
I wouldn't mind having a snake large enough to let roam the house without my losing track of it.

I have no pets currently after my dear mutt Sarge passed away with a brain tumor. He used to terrorize the local rabbits. Twice I tried to bottlefeed and raise orphaned baby rabbits, but failed twice. That old dog would chase a squirrel halfway up a tree.

I'm no cat person. Some I can tolerate. They have their usefullness as rodent chasers and low-maintenance pets, but I prefer a more active companion to run with me, wrestle, entertain me with slapstick antics, etc.

·
Registered
Tie
19,960 Posts
I've had a small mystery the last few days.
I would put a new roll of TP on the wallmount, and within less than an hour it was back to an empty carboard roll.
I thought my 85 y/o mother was displaying a little dementia, but she angrily said no, she wasn't switching it .
I just walked in and the mystery is solved.
Piewacket had somehow shoved his litterbox from the corner to over to the edge of the toilet.
The cardboard core was again in place, less than 20 minutes after I replaced it again.
And there, covering his rather odorifous turd, was an entire roll, neatly accordianed on top with measured claw marks.
Further investigation revealed 5 more rolls, apparently removed shortly after and hidden behind the wastebasket.
I guess the cat wanted to play with the cardboard roll.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.