Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new pair of sunglasses, since I left my 5-year old Rayban Sidestreets in a rental car.

After trying on a lot of different pairs at Sunglass Hut, I find that I like the Persol 2244S. These were black with grey/green lenses. I didn't think I would like that silhouette, but my wife gave them the biggest vote over everything else I tried. Now, almost every internet retailer has them, but they are on back order unitl Sept. 26, 2008. Must be the James Bond thing is still popular.

I want a pair with the satin gun-metal frame. I prefer the brown lens, but they are available in satin gunmetal frames with a grey-green lens and black (dark grey) temples. I am used to polarized lenses. Does anyone here have Persol's with a brown non-polarized crystal reflections lens?

Please share with me how well you like that lens.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your input.

I have been persuaded by your comments. I ordered the satin gunmetal with grey/green polarized lenses. I really like brown, but I can do without the eye fatigue, so polarized wins. :cool:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I remember years ago when Oakley first introduced their polarized lenses. They had a booth set up at their stores with a set of non-polarized lenses and a polarized set. When you put on the non-polarized set, you looked at a background that showed a lake with a boat way in the distance. When you put the polarized lenses on and looked at the same background, you could see a young kid on a jet ski right in front of you, presumably because the polarized lens blocked the glare that much better.

Admittedly, a marketing ploy, but I've worn polarized lenses ever since...

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I suppose polarized would be much preferred for normal use.

However a bit of trivia. They are a no no with a competition race car. The polarization makes it hard/impossible to see oil/liquids on the track in front of you.

I also note that I do get funny reflections of of mirrored surfaces or my BBs LCD screen. The stress lines in the windows or on the screen appear as blue lines.

Again on the plus side...Waikiki beach looks great with dark blue sky and emerald green water that is accentuated by the polarization.

Perry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.