Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
We had guys on the railroad that had the uniform tailor apply permanent creases. It looked like crap. It gave the distinct impression that the wearer was trying to get away with something. Like not taking proper care of his clothing. The trousers would be flapping in the breeze with schmootz on them yet there they were. Those silly stitched creases.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
...Those silly stitched creases.
I know what you are referring to but this may not be the same thing (those sewn-in creases were strictly verboten in the army). The last time I was at MW they tried to sell me on this. It is, I believe, a bead of silicon that is applied to the inside of the slacks along the crease. We need some "volunteer" to test it for us...

·
Registered
996 Posts
Answer to a question nobody asked

What kind of shoddy wool is getting wrinkled before it is stinky and stained? I have four pairs of wool pants, and I'm pretty sure it's been well over a year since any have received more attention than hanging them up after wear, and not even immediately- tossed on a bed or dresser for a few hours first. They look fine.

I hated my non-iron chinos because they couldn't even pull off a dignified rumpled look with that unholy perma-crease.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I know what you are referring to but this may not be the same thing (those sewn-in creases were strictly verboten in the army). The last time I was at MW they tried to sell me on this. It is, I believe, a bead of silicon that is applied to the inside of the slacks along the crease. We need some "volunteer" to test it for us...
I was offered this service the last time I bought pants at Moore's (which is the Canadian incarnation of Men's Wearhouse) and they explained it as some sort of adhesive that they iron into the crease. (I declined their kind offer.)

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I was offered this service the last time I bought pants at Moore's (which is the Canadian incarnation of Men's Wearhouse) and they explained it as some sort of adhesive that they iron into the crease. (I declined their kind offer.)
Gee. We need to find someone who has taken the plunge...

I seem to vaguely recall discussing this with my dry cleaner. I believe he explained the process to me as I had recounted and indicated that he was able to do the service. He did not denounce it but he did not try to persuade me to try it either...

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
It is indeed a tiny bead of silicon. Once a guy at MW broke my will, and I caved. To me, it just doesn't seem right, but there are a lot of guys out there that love it.

Me, I have to try and sell it, despite not believing in it.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
...I hated my non-iron chinos because they couldn't even pull off a dignified rumpled look with that unholy perma-crease.
Please tell me non-iron chinos (specifically BB's Clark's Advantage chinos!) are not examples of the perma-crease effect, under discussion in this thread. The indestructible crease referenced in the OP does have a bit of a satanic quality to it! ;)

·
Registered
784 Posts
Still a silly idea.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I remember the days of applying soap to the inside of the sleeves of my woolly pully (uniform pullover) in order to get a crease. It was remarkably effective and was typically accompanied with a couple of cans of spray starch being emptied into the shoulder and arm patches.

I seem to remember one bright spark attempting the same exercise with his lightweight trousers (working dress) but then it rained..........

C-B

·
Registered
407 Posts
The Clark is mercifully devoid of a set-in crease. LE's have a nasty one that fades and looks artificial unless you iron right on top of it.
My LE trousers' crease looks faded and artificial and I have never ironed the pants at all. I can't complain too much as I bought them on clearance for a pittance. But no more non-iron or stain-resistant anything for me, no matter how low the price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.