Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have not been. I'm afraid you will not find too many devotees of Paul Stuart here on the Trad forum. Most seem to prefer the more traditional sack variety of suiting and everything that goes along with that. As a matter of fact I do too, but I still love Paul Stuart. Walking into the NY store, I get a bit of the same feeling that I used to get in the late '70s when I walked into Brooks Brothers. I love especially the cuff links.

tjs

·
Registered
686 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmm......Paul Stuart...........

Expensive, elegant, beautiful clothes. If price was no object, it would be the place. Makes most other clothing look dull and unimaginative by comparison. In my experience, always a creative and unique color palette for each season. Don't expect to find it for sale anywhere else or cheaper.

Not trad, but pure American Classic.

Let's go.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Paul Stuart Chicago is open and I am curious to know if any one has been or plans to go soon. From the picture on the web site it looks very classy. I can's wait to read some reviews!
I'll be in town this weekend for a wedding. Staying in the wilds of DuPage county Saturday night, but will be able to check it out on Sunday and Monday.

For some reason I never went into their shop when they were in the Hancock Building. Actually, I do know the reason - if I was going to spend my money on expensive high quality quasi-trad, I'd rather go to Alfred Dunhill.

That was a sad story - Dunhill built a beautiful store on Oak Street, huge walk-in humidor with club chairs, plans to open a barber shop, then poof - gone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.