Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
There are a bunch of threads on PF shirts. My opinion is that their 80's shirts aren't that nice, but their 100's+ shirts are a really good value. They do have a really good return policy and customer service, so if you don't like them they'll take care of you. Although with monograms, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It is a good price, but that is about what they are worth. You can get the same quality at Belk or Marshall's for the same price. The fabric is thin and wrinkle-prone, and the construction is mediocre.

I've had quite a bit of experience with dress shirts at the lower end of the market, and I would put these below Jos. A Bank and Brooks Brothers. Check out TM Lewin (use the ad link to support this site: https://askandyaboutclothes.com/ADVS/Menswear.htm). The shirts are marginally more expensive, especially with the current exchange rate, and much better quality. Lewin's customer service, shipping, and returns policy are quite good.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
It is a good price, but that is about what they are worth. You can get the same quality at Belk or Marshall's for the same price. The fabric is thin and wrinkle-prone, and the construction is mediocre.

I've had quite a bit of experience with dress shirts at the lower end of the market, and I would put these below Jos. A Bank and Brooks Brothers. Check out TM Lewin (use the ad link to support this site: https://askandyaboutclothes.com/ADVS/Menswear.htm). The shirts are marginally more expensive, especially with the current exchange rate, and much better quality. Lewin's customer service, shipping, and returns policy are quite good.
I would disagree with the worse than JAB and BB. I have a few of their 100's, 120's and 140's shirts. The twills aren't very wrinkle prone and still look fairly crisp at the end of the day (not non-iron crisp). I also like their wide variety of colors, patterns, collars, and cuffs. I really like spread collars and french cuffs, which they offer in a wide variety of colors and patterns (especially in trim fit). Also almost all their shirts are non-iron which is a huge plus for me.

Personally, I don't have an Off Fifth, Last Call or Rack near me. Our Marshalls also rarely get in anything good, and they never have my size for shirts (15x35). I also have a few Paul Fredrick ties that I like the patterns of.

I get tons of compliments on my shirts and ties from Paul Fredrick. They have plenty of sales and often times there are good picks in the clearance, so I think for the price, they're a great buy.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
I confess to a sneaking liking for their tab-collar shirts in basic models. The white 100s broadcloth is not bad. They seem cut a little big; I normally wear an 18/36, but in PF I wear a 17.5/35 (I am talking regular-fit shirts here).

How wrong can you go for $19.50? Unwrap one shirt, wash and wear it a few times, and see how it works out for you. PF stands behind its stuff with a serious guarantee, so you aren't risking anything.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I buy four every time they advertise them to existing clients at USD20. Cut the crap they are a great shirt for the price and the equivalent in department stores in Sydney would be AUD120 or more. My mates buy 'em and have them laundered regularly for a year or so and then chuck them. Money in the bank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.