Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,258 Posts
You'll find a lot of men in the U.S. wear Park Avenues with dinner jackets. I know many on the fora passionately disagree with this...while techincally not the "correct" shoe, I don't see anything wrong with wearing a pair of shined Park Avenues with a dinner jacket.

That told...I know you don't like the "tux" or the shoes :)cry:), but you may have to acquiesce to the bride and groom. It's thier show.

· Registered
3,258 Posts
1) I declined to be in a wedding party in 1995 after seeing the proposed ensemble. For the record, it was mostly purple. As it turned out, the marriage didn't last, so no harm done.
:icon_smile_big:...were they Prince fans or something? In the late 1980s I wish I had the cajones then to decline to be in a wedding party. Light greyish/blue tuxedos with matching shoes! UGH!:( I assume it's bad form to decline to be in a wedding once asked, but I am starting to think there may be exceptions to that rule!

I have always found it odd that, when asked to be in a wedding, a man is expected to pay for the rental...or a woman is expected to pay for some ugly dress. I know this isn't the case with every wedding, of course, but it seems more the rule and the exception.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.