Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,113 Posts
The OP isn't just "showing up to a wedding". He's a member of the wedding party, not simply a guest. Big difference.

Cruiser
Some people take this stuff so seriously! Sheesh, it's just clothing at a wedding. I happen to know that the vast majority of real Americans who responded to a scientific survey I conducted do not notice, or care about, the difference between square-toe shoes and AE Park Avenues. People on this forum need to remember that at the end of the day, we all just do what works for us, and we should all accept that the deliberate choice of a square toed shoe or a Park Avenue, or patent leather pumps for that matter, is based on our own individual style, not the "rules" of a bunch of Internet clothing forum participants. Smile.

Taliesin

· Registered
1,113 Posts
I'm not sure why you're missing the point, here: The OP is not a wedding guest, he is, as has been pointed out before, a member of the wedding party. That means he will be in a lot of the pictures that the bride will see for as long as she lives!

This is not about what "a bunch of Internet clothing forum participants" want, it is about what she wants at what is still regarded as the "most important day of her life". Contrary to you, the OP has come to realize that and is doing the right thing by clearing his footwear choice with the bride and groom and not "a bunch of Internet clothing forum participants" that, of course, includes you. He got good advice, and he's following it.
LOL! I suggest you check out "The Thread" to see what I'm getting at. Has nothing to do with any of the worthy points you make.

· Registered
1,113 Posts
Most men, the members of this forum excepted of course, don't give a hoot in hades about the wedding ceremony, who's going to wear what, etc. Most just want to get it over with. I suspect the average guy would just as soon go down to the Justice of the Peace or the Minister's office in whatever he happens to be wearing and and just, to quote Larry the Cable Guy, "git r done".

:icon_smile_big:

Cruiser
Ah, that's better. The world is right side up again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.