Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of a pants press, and other than the Corby (of which there are several options I cannot tell apart) I know very little. What is a good, solid choice that will keep me out of the cleaners, for a time at least. Also, help on where to get one for good deal would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I am in need of a pants press, and other than the Corby (of which there are several options I cannot tell apart) I know very little. What is a good, solid choice that will keep me out of the cleaners, for a time at least. Also, help on where to get one for good deal would be much appreciated!
I have a Corby and can't recommend it enough. Like Will said, the different models all work the same. So, unless you need a real wood cherry or walnut finish for a showpiece, you can go for the lower priced models. Some models may also add more valet stand features and a longer timer.

Remember, a press is not going to save you from the cleaners unless you are currently bringing your trousers in to the shop after each wearing to remove wrinkles; it just touches up mid/lower leg wrinkles and refreshes the crease.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I used a Corby back in 1974. It did an excellent job in maintaining the crease in the only two pairs of trousers that I had to my name. Nowadays, with enough suits and trousers in rotation to easily last a year until they are due for dry cleaning, only nostalgia and a wish to marvel again at the cleverness and effectiveness of the Corby would induce me to buy one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.