Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Honored Professor | Moderator, All Forums
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BBC4 will be airing the documentary Ozwald Boateng: Why Style Matters on January 8th, 9th, and 10th. The description from the UK TV Guide reads: For many, Savile Row menswear designer Ozwald Boateng embodies modern British style and in this documentary he unpicks and re-stitches his own relationship with the subject, looking to answer questions about what style is, where it comes from and why it is worth having. Boateng reveals just how much being stylish has influenced his success, talks about style with family, friends, colleagues and journalists and travels to Milan to meet one of his heroes, Giorgio Armani.

https://uk-tv-guide.com/programme-d...zwald+Boateng:+Why+Style+Matters/Documentary/

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Does he like The Row?
No he doesn't. And while I strongly disagree with him I can see his points in a lot of ways. Some of the retorts from Savile Row were disgusting and really not helpful, they should have let it wash over them. (see my post on Savile row slipping out of style)

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I like their jeans, so while jeans shopping have picked up some t-shirts and a sweater.

I also have an E. Armani black DB suit, which I have now downgraded in my wardrobe - design nice, fabric crap, worksmanship crap , buttons crap, price crap.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Giorgio Armani is for turn around of clothes within, more or less, five years. Therefore, if they can decieve you into believeing you are out of fashion or style then you will buy buy buy. It is how they get rich. Flashy. Flashy puts details in that will date you rather quickly. The best deal is below.

Savile Row is interested in making clothes you can wear till you die and look grand in them all the way. Non-flashy.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Just finished on BBC4 and I am not impressed and it was good to see Andrew (Maurice Sedwell) tell him what Armani is really about.

I bet his mother told him the world revolves about him - Savile Row was a quiet and it did not need an Armani -wannabe.
If he was on Bond Street, where he belongs, no issue at all. Why try to rip-off The Row, be something he did and claim The Row needed him. Get a life, Henry Poole turned their main entrance around in 1846 thus being on Savile Row - 163 years of history on Savile Row and some arrogant Armani-wannabe reckons they needed him.

Sir Hardy Amies was the Queen's (Elizabeth II) official dressermaker for nearly 40 years.
In 2004 OB designed the amenity kit for Virgin Atlantic Upper Class.
PMSL

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.