Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last January I purchased a navy overcoat from BB. I think it was a $900 coat on sale for about $500. The lapel has always had an odd roll. I thought it was due to being hung poorly, perhaps in a way that smooshed the lapel. It has a slight crease to create a lapel, but the coat naturally rolls out as it seems to lack structure. A neighbor thought the coat was lacking or wasn't basted. Can anyone shed light on this and a remedy?

HNY,

asf

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I have seen this frequently caused by the buttons. Overcoat buttons have shanks that are supported/reinforced by smaller "buttons" on the underside of the lapel (proper name anyone?) If the lapel happens to roll through the top button, the smaller "button" will interfere with the roll many times.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have seen this frequently caused by the buttons. Overcoat buttons have shanks that are supported/reinforced by smaller "buttons" on the underside of the lapel (proper name anyone?) If the lapel happens to roll through the top button, the smaller "button" will interfere with the roll many times.
Dear All,

Thanks for the replies. My coat is a Brookstorm. As I looked at my coat on a hanger, it does roll on or near the buttons. It rolls past the top button approx. 3/4 of an inch and almost directly at the next two button. I will try to post a photo when able.

Can this be fixed?

alan

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Overcoat buttons have shanks that are supported/reinforced by smaller "buttons" on the underside of the lapel (proper name anyone?)
I'm still curious about the proper name for these button shank foundations/reinforcements... Anyone? Alex? Paul?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.