Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in Mexico, and I connect to Skoak’s international site. I have ordered on vacation before and saved money.

The CS patina service is going for $285.79 ex Vat converted from SEK with shipping and customs. The last time I ordered from Mexico they honored the pricing, and I saved a bundle. Can someone please check the US site and tell me the price for the Patina service 3 eyelet derby and chukka boot on the US Skoak site. It might be worth making an order here.

· Registered
2,971 Posts
I kind of hear the conversation:

Wife: Why do we have to go to Mexico for vacation?
Momsdoc: Well of course, because it is warm!
Wife: You aren't going to buy any more shoes in Mexico, right - I mean they don't make shoes there - right?!
Momsdoc: No I won't buy any Mexican shoes in Mexico...

· Super Moderator
488 Posts
Im in Mexico, and I connect to Skoak's international site. I have ordered on vacation before and saved money.
Momsdoc, out of curiosity... are you normally having your purchases delivered to your vacation destination or is it a matter of the website showing you different prices when it detects your (IP address) location?

If it's the latter you could just install a VPN client on your computer and "pretend" to be from anywhere in the world - all from your comfy armchair...

· Registered
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It’s the latter. When browsing outside the US I get directed to the International store, and the prices are invariably lower. The problem is then shipping them to the US adds a large shipping charge which Skoak includes in the US pricing. That makes the shoes even more expensive then if ordered from the US store.

Installing a VPN client would allow me to save by purchasing at the international store rates, but the extra shipping defeats this benefit. Alexander was nice enough to wave the shipping charges for me on this occasion. While I appreciate his courtesy to a regular customer, I wouldn’t want to abuse his graciousness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.