Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It seems many of us here use off-the-shelf orthotics or inserts in our shoes.

I'm interested in collecting in one thread our experience and recommendations re orthotics/inserts.

Pls share your foot ailments (e.g., high arch or flat footed, superpronate or underpronate, etc.), what you've tried, what works, and what doesn't.

· Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PowerStep, Sole Softec, & Birkenstock Blue

I have high arches, underpronate (walk on the outsides of my feet, not surprising, given my high arches), and suffer from Plantar Fasciitis for weeks after wearing dress shoes, especially so with hard outsoles.

I've had much success with Birkenstocks Footprints, Birkenstock sandals and clogs, and phenomenal success with Dansko/Sanita clogs.

For proper shoes, I replace their inserts with PowerStep inserts and Sole Softec footbeds with much success. Even with Eccos, I replace their insert with the PowerStep or Sole Softec and that is like night and day.

For shoes without removable inserts, I've had great success with the Birkenstock Blue (partial) footbed. I should try them in shoes with their own inserts, e.g., Eccos.

I've ordered a pair of Pedag Vivas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.