Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
As a doctor who mostly treats above the feet and a runner for 50+ years (27 marathons, 4 Bostons) I've used orthotics for as long as I can remember. If you really need an orthotic you should invest in a couple of pairs of professionally fitted custom inserts. You won't do lasting damage to your eyes by using glasses fitted to someone else. The same isn't true of your feet.
You ought to save a bit by getting two pairs at once, they will last twice as long and switching one pair from running to tennis to dress shoes all the time is a pain.
Listen to the Doc! I have custom orthotics and they work real well and cured my problems.-Dick

· Registered
143 Posts
As a former USCF bicycle racer, XC Racer and jogger, I have had to go through a number of foot problems. Early on I found that professional treatment was the only option and a good Podiatrist an assest. I firmly believe that obtaining advice and orthotics from a running store or any such establishment, 'bricks and morter' or eStore is folly.
Find a good Podiatrist and if from a Sports related problem preferably one connected with a Sports Medicine Clinic.
BTW, I have no problems with a qualified Podiatrist expressing his/her opinion.-Dick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.