Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is a huge fan of the Oscars, so we went over to a friend's house to watch this. The red carpet fashion focus is on the ladies of course, but from a purely sartorial perspective, I was more interested in what the men were wearing. What an absolute horror show. I haven't seen a collection of people that poorly dressed in a long time.

By far the best dressed person at the Oscars this year was ... Johnny Carson! They showed a tribute to him showing many clips from a time when he hosted it, and he was in a nice white tie ensemble. Kudos to Johnny. I don't remember the year, but it was either the late 70's or early 80's, which shows that it wasn't so long ago that at least some people did things right.

Of the people who came on stage either to present or to accept awards, the only well dressed person was Pierce Brosnan. I guess playing James Bond has done him some good at least. Maybe he kept a tuxedo from one of the films!

Sidney Lumet was also reasonably put together. Though he had a number of fit issues, the ensemble was right, and given that he's 80 years old, you can cut him a little slack.

A handful of other folks were ok except for a few dings like notch lapels

The rest of the night it was one sartorial disaster after another. Doesn't anybody in Hollywood have any self-respect anymore?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.