Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one of these while I was out shopping today. It's basically constructed of a lot of individual pieces of silk cut into squares and sewn back together into one tie. At first I thought it was too outrageous- kind of like Brooks Brothers "fun" pants. But the concept is kind of growing on me. What does everybody think: too over-the-top?

· Registered
1,726 Posts
I'm on the fence. It's not bad, but it's not really that great either. Stefano Ricci does one that is a little more color-coordinated that I like a little better.

· Registered
3,914 Posts
Looks fun, but too wide.

· Registered
1,458 Posts

· Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not going to buy it anyway (with something like that I usually give myself a 1-2 day "cooling off" period so that I can ask myself, "Do you really need or want something like that?"). However, it should be noted that the picture in the OP was just an example of a patchwork tie. The one I saw was paisley, and had a different color scheme.

· Registered
1,994 Posts
I'm not going to buy it anyway (with something like that I usually give myself a 1-2 day "cooling off" period so that I can ask myself, "Do you really need or want something like that?"). However, it should be noted that the picture in the OP was just an example of a patchwork tie. The one I saw was paisley, and had a different color scheme.
Still, it's difficult to say without a picture. Patchwork isn't all bad, but it's not all good either. I for one wouldn't advocate the purchase of a patchwork paisley tie unless there was a picture available.

· Registered
2,500 Posts
I like patchwork in madras in the summer or tweed for casual fall/winter 'county' wear. I'd be surprised if I saw a pic. of any other patch fabric tie that I'd like.

The one pictured is particularly heinous, IMO.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.