Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an environmentally conscious gentleman who works from a home office in the colder latitudes, I don't heat the entire house when I am here alone during the day. As such, on colder days, my feet get cold, and I've over the years alternated between heavy socks, fuzzy slippers, or non-fuzzy ones, that, either aren't warm enough, sweaty warm, or sort of warm, respectively. Searching for an alternative and, at this time of year, people make me develop a wish list for Christmas.

I put these on there, and wonder if people have any opinions as to looks and warmth. Former is less important but things I find ugly tend to make their way out of the house quite rapidly.

https://www.glerups.com/products/ladies-gents/open-heel/

Fire away.

· Registered
116 Posts
Function over form when it comes to comfort, so whatever catches your fancy. Last year, I experienced reduced blood flow to my feet in similar situations (of working from home in a house "warmed" to 62F), and it was quite painful. To solve the issue, I wore some real fugly (but warm) slippers. A few times, I was actually wearing a J Press suit while wearing those slippers.

This year, I bought a pair of shearling slippers for this very purpose, and so far the shearling slippers have helped me avoid the same issue.

P.S. Benfica as in SL Benfica? If so, my condolences.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Function over form when it comes to comfort, so whatever catches your fancy. Last year, I experienced reduced blood flow to my feet in similar situations (of working from home in a house "warmed" to 62F), and it was quite painful. To solve the issue, I wore some real fugly (but warm) slippers. A few times, I was actually wearing a J Press suit while wearing those slippers.

This year, I bought a pair of shearling slippers for this very purpose, and so far the shearling slippers have helped me avoid the same issue.

P.S. Benfica as in SL Benfica? If so, my condolences.
I think they look quite interesting. Re. Benfica, yes, 4 titles in a row = compliments not condolences. If you're referring to ucl, growing pains of selling a big chunk of the team. They still out perform many better funded teams in bigger money leagues.

· Registered
108 Posts
I have something similar that my wife bought me for Christmas a couple of years ago. Not very attractive, but they keep my feet warm. One negative is that they can be difficult to keep on your feet. Mine are a little big, and the absence of the heel combined with a heavy sole makes them easy to walk out of.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have something similar that my wife bought me for Christmas a couple of years ago. Not very attractive, but they keep my feet warm. One negative is that they can be difficult to keep on your feet. Mine are a little big, and the absence of the heel combined with a heavy sole makes them easy to walk out of.
Wait, you live in Oviedo, FL (I've been there, went to undergrad in FL) and need warm slippers for "winter" temps in the 60s?

· Registered
108 Posts
Wait, you live in Oviedo, FL (I've been there, went to undergrad in FL) and need warm slippers for "winter" temps in the 60s?
I wouldn't say that I need them, but I have them so I wear them occasionally on colder days. I probably wear them less than 5 times a year. About half of the house has tile flooring, and on the few nights a year when it gets down in the 30's the tile floor gets cold. I'll wear them for half an hour or so until it warms up.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wouldn't say that I need them, but I have them so I wear them occasionally on colder days. I probably wear them less than 5 times a year. About half of the house has tile flooring, and on the few nights a year when it gets down in the 30's the tile floor gets cold. I'll wear them for half an hour or so until it warms up.
Ah, I see. What brand are yours?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.