Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen-

I'm getting married in my hometown in Florida on November 11th, which happens to be a Tuesday, at 4 pm.

I had originally wanted to purchase a great glen-plaid Madison 3/2 Sack from BB I had found about 9 months ago. I saw it on their website and when I moved to Atlanta from Central Florida and was able to actually go into a retail store, I was able to see it in person and decided that it would be the suit that I'd end up purchasing.

I decided to wait, one, because I knew the FF sale would be coming up about a month before the wedding, and two, I was hoping to drop a suit size or two before hand, which I did. Well, I went back a couple of weeks ago to the retail store at Lenex here in Atlanta and I was told that BB discontinued the suit and that they only had two sacks in stock, both being jackets, no suits. Now I'm stuck.

My fiance wanted me to go check a place out this morning, to try and see if we could find anything. There were some decent HF and Zenga suits on sale for about $400, but I really don't want to settle, especially being a 46/48, which really limits my possibilities (plus their offerings are really modern and don't fit my style). I'm really stuck in between what is really available, my little brother who is a 54L (former College offensive Lineman) was able to pick up a BB Golden Fleece 3/2 Sack Blue Blazer for $49. But there's never anything in my size, either way too big, or way too small.

Our wedding is casual/semi-formal (mid-week afternoon Catholic mass), so I guess after all my rambling, I'm just asking for some suggestions. My fiance's wedding dress, is aparently low key, she actually found a bride maid's dress in white that she really liked, so it's not even a traditionally wedding dress.

All I know is that I'll probably wear a white OCBD with a muted tie. I do own both blue and grey suits, all getting long in the tooth. She suggested I find a Tweed or herringbone jacket that I want and pair it with some trousers. All though it's fall, it's Florida, and I'm not sure if that time of combo wouldn't be too casual for my own wedding.

Sorry for the long post, I've got less than eight weeks and I'm getting a little nervous (about my wardrobe, not getting married!!!).

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Have you perused J Press's offerings? I know you can't physically see/touch them but they have a great return policy.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have, and I've seriously considered them, although I really like to see/touch things.

I really wanted to purchase their seersucker jacket for a wedding I went to in Charleston over Labor Day weekend. But again, I didn't want to wear a jacket once, not be able to wear it next spring, and then it be two sizes too small.

But I have considered J. Press.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
There's nothing wrong with a 2-button darted suit, if it comes to that. And if your budget allows, I'm sure there are some traditional-minded stores in your area that sell 3/2 sacks by other makers -- Southwick, H. Freeman, etc. Surely someone here from the Atlanta area can guide you.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
There's nothing wrong with a 2-button darted suit, if it comes to that. And if your budget allows, I'm sure there are some traditional-minded stores in your area that sell 3/2 sacks by other makers -- Southwick, H. Freeman, etc. Surely someone here from the Atlanta area can guide you.
According to the Southwick website, there are 3 H. Stockton locations in Atlanta which carry their line...and the store also has a website.

Despair not, O Future Groom.

hbs:icon_smile:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I was at the H. Stockton at Lenox a few weeks ago and there happens to be a neat little store in Buckhead that my fiance found about a year ago, Miller Brothers.

She's picked up a couple bow ties for me from them and I've been a coupel of times, so I guess I'll try and run over there tomorrow.

She and I were just talking about what she wants me to wear.

I appreciate the suggestions!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.