Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
A couple of issues here - the style of the boot and the color. I think I am not particularly feeling it on either aspect. The style is kind of a hybrid. In some ways it looks kind of like a industrial biker/work boot except for the zipper and the plain toe. And then there is the rubber sole. I just don't really care for it either as a casual or more formal boot. With the black color it limits things a bit also. Grey slacks and perhaps a sweater might work. Anything more formal and the boot doesn't stand up to it so I agree it's an easy no for a suit. I might wear it with jeans.

·
Registered
177 Posts
that boot looks very feminine to me.

if you are after a dressier boot i would grab a chukka in calfskin.

Generally if you are buying from a 'department store' brand like florsheim, johnston, cole haan, etc. I would be looking to spend no more than $40-60 online.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
You might take a look at Dehner Boots Dress Welligtons boot design. No zippers, but they are very comfortable on the foot, surprisingly durable and they do work with a suit. :beer:

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
^^If a Chelsea design is the way Chris2008 chooses to go, Take a look at RM Williams Craftsman boot design, giving particular attention to those made of Kangaroo hide...very light and comfortable on the foot and way more durable than calfskin. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.