Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was wondering if any websites have a fair collection of fabric swatches. In particular, I'm looking for swatches from the major fabric houses.

I've noticed that some tailor websites provide a limited number of swatches from respected fabric lines. But, for example, do any sites have Dormeiul's complete Amadeus line for online viewing? I'm wondering if there are any sites like this.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
The minnis site search function doesn't seem to work for me. But, the Scabal site is amazing!
Please note that the swatches on the Minnis site appear significantly darker than they are. I don't know about the other sites.

Irrespective of that issue, I also think that having them on-line is a big plus, but I'd obtain an actual swatch before ordering fabric, or having a suit made up.

I know that Minnis and Hardy are very well thought of by a number of knowledgable members, though I haven't used them myself. I do have a number of suits, jackets and slacks that use Scabal cloth. And while much of it is fine cloth, I frankly think better might be had at better prices from other houses.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
It has been mentioned above but please do not order fabric based on online swatches. The difference between the online pictures and the real thing can be enormous or not and the trouble is you do not know whether the fabric you are ordering is true to the online swatch. Always get a swatch of the fabric for real before ordering.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It has been mentioned above but please do not order fabric based on online swatches. The difference between the online pictures and the real thing can be enormous or not and the trouble is you do not know whether the fabric you are ordering is true to the online swatch. Always get a swatch of the fabric for real before ordering.
I never said or implied I was ordering based only on online swatches.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.