Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is a solid olive/dark green blazer untraditional? I have read that it is in England, but that it is acceptable in America.

I noticed that Brooks sells a dark green blazer., but I do not want to be asked which golf championship I just won.

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
Is a solid olive/dark green blazer untraditional? I have read that it is in England, but that it is acceptable in America.
A blazer is simply a form of odd jacket, with a good deal of contention concerning if there is even such a thing, and if so, what makes a blazer a blazer. I know of no reason you can't have one in any color you prefer, and certainly olive is both conservative and traditional. However, navy is a more formal color, whereas olive is a bit more relaxed. Therefore a navy blazer might see you through an occasion where an olive one might be a bit too casual looking, all other things being equal.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I have this blazer, a silk Southwick for Press. I am strongly thinking of adding gold buttons as more of a visual highlight.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have an olive blazer that is camel hair and therefore quite fall-winterish. But I have to say that I find I rarely ever wear it. It was rather pricey and I think it sought me in a weak moment but I really don't know why I even bought it. It never seems quite right. Green is perilous for some people and I may be one of them.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I have had at least one hunter green blazer in my closet since 1982; the color may not carry quite the cachet of navy blue, but seems to fit in quite appropriately, especially as fall approaches.

Untraditional? I don't think so!:icon_smile_big:

hbs

·
Registered
970 Posts
+1 on leaving the buttons alone on the olive sport coat.

As for a green blazer, I like the look of the one O'Connell's has on their website and Eddie Jacobs also has a heavier flannel one that looks fantastic.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I like it the way it is. Wouldn't gold buttons make it seem too yellow?
+1 on leaving the buttons alone on the olive sport coat.

As for a green blazer, I like the look of the one O'Connell's has on their website and Eddie Jacobs also has a heavier flannel one that looks fantastic.
Think I might like MOP.
Thanks for the input. I will probably go for it. I have an extra set anyway, and its a cheap change. If I dont like it, I can always switch back. Fun to try anyway.

A bit of yellow is what I'm going for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.