Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing and reading much of Harris' excellent trad American style post, I thought the more international dressers could use a little support group and interaction of ideas and suggestions.

I am combining the Bond Street look, which is essentially that British Old Boy look which though not nearly limited to the following description does invoke the general idea. For short hand, Id like to refer to this look as Old Boy:

Two button close fitting, soft shouldered grey worsted with side vents, blue shirt with yellow chalk stripes and white contrast cutaway ( sometimes detachable)collar and french cuffs. Darkest navy club tie with small dots and or figures in school armorial or white, black cap toes, charcoal socks and white pochette, umbrella furled sword like under arm.

The milanese look is basically the old boy look updated with lighter and often more luxe fabrics and some more imaginative color choices and combos. But basically, it is the continued worship of Old Boy style.

This should be our support thread, that international gentlemans style support hotline where we can post photos, ask questions and give suggestions on how to perpetate the look. So, If you like the clothes in Dial M for Murder, jeeves and wooster, house of cards or Edward and Mrs SImpson whether in its original incarnation or its updated milanese salvation, then this is the place for you to congregate.

So collapse into your leather armchair, take an ample swig of your vodka martini and Lament that we've lost the Sudan, Youre in your club, old boy...

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Anglophilia Redux

You know? It's funny.

Dr. Damage recently suggested that the Japanese definition of Trad must differ from ours, as it includes a lot of British style.

I mentioned in reply that the Japanese call the British half of trad the "Sloanne Ranger Style".

When somebody comes along and calls it "Fogey", they get run out of town on a rail.

When somebody calls it the "Country Squire" look, everybody hails it as a really fun "game" to seek out the bits and pieces-- a sort of Internet Scavenger Hunt so to speak.

"The game is afoot!"

I still like to call it Anglophilia, as that's what the OPH called it.

Whatever you call it, I have to echo the sentiments of Rodney King.

Why can't we all just get along?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.