Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I was just looking at these and was disgusted, not as much about them being used, but that someone was actually selling their underwear.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Everyone has to draw there own line as to what they will wear & not wear. There was a story on the local news last night following a lady through the thrift stores. She said she draws the line at buying used undergarments. She said this in front of a huge rack of women's undergarments. I would never think of donating used underwear to a Godwill, let alone buy any :crazy:

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Everyone has to draw there own line as to what they will wear & not wear. There was a story on the local news last night following a lady through the thrift stores. She said she draws the line at buying used undergarments. She said this in front of a huge rack of women's undergarments. I would never think of donating used underwear to a Godwill, let alone buy any :crazy:
I'm curious about where in the spectrum of wear an undergarment is considered suitable for donation to Goodwill but not good enough to keep or worn enough to just throw out.

Eww... maybe they belonged to someone who died.

As Jeff Foxworthy says, if there's a rule, there's been a problem - eBay requires that any undergarments sold there be laundered and clearly indicated as such.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Years ago I worked retail in a men's department...right around Christmas when the store was packed this guy got on my line and wanted to return packaged underwear that had clearly been opened and worn...I explained that I was sorry, but we couldn't take back used underwear...he started arguing and since I was 100% commission, I was getting annoyed that I was wasting time having this discussion so finally I took them back and on the tag regarding whey they were being returned I wrote "UNDERWEAR WAS NOT AS STAIN RESISTANT AS CUSTOMER THOUGHT" and I left them right in the middle of the counter for everyone behind him to see :icon_smile_big:

I quit the next day...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.