1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posts3,698

United States

Office chair

Best office chair for sciatica under $400. Used Herman Miller Aeron? What about anything from IKEA?. Or Amazon?

Mesh? Faux Leather or cloth?

What about those little platforms that go under the desk for your feet that are angled? Do those provide any benefit? I saw one for like $40 at Relax The Back

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, not sure if this really fits into this area or not but;
After a decent computer chair that's hopefully not too pricey, which seems to always be the case if you add ergonomic(sp?) on the tag.
Had a look around and tried the K-mark chairs but they aren't all that comfortable, amazon.com has some great prices although not sure how you'd really get it here.
Any suggestions are welcome, cheers.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Having bought many office chairs for myself and my people (both mail order vendors, Amazon and local stores) I would suggest seeking out an office furniture supply house that has display samples. Seek out one well made, with plenty of adjustments and with a generous return policy (so as to return and try another).

A good chair is worth every penny!

Asan aside I lease office and warehouse space to a local seller. The mark-up is huge on office furniture as is the non-apparent quality level. They sell mainly to schools, hospitals and industry, with customers desiring long haul life.

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
26,011 Posts
If money is not object: Try a Eames Aluminum Group Lounge Chair (Eames Aluminum Group Lounge Chair - Herman Miller)
Oh, back in the day there were several groups of those around low tables in the library of my university. I think I managed to graduate based on the hours upon hours I spent in them alternately studying and napping. Wonderful and worth every gilded penny. Sooooo comfortable.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Oh, back in the day there were several groups of those around low tables in the library of my university. I think I managed to graduate based on the hours upon hours I spent in them alternately studying and napping. Wonderful and worth every gilded penny. Sooooo comfortable.
Amazing, its a shame they are probably not around anymore.

·
Moderator and Bon Vivant
26,011 Posts
Amazing, its a shame they are probably not around anymore.
You're probably right. Now everything is little cubicles where you can plug in your laptop for eternal nerddom. I miss the days when books were the thing.

Reactions: eagle2250

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,805 Posts
If money is not object: Try a Eames Aluminum Group Lounge Chair (Eames Aluminum Group Lounge Chair - Herman Miller)
At $2600 a pop, that does seem to be a whole lot of money for an aluminum lounge chair. Ironically that is right at what I paid for my Stressless Ekorne leather recliner. Given my affinity for leather over aluminum, I think I will stick with my Ekorne! Just saying..... ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts