Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
37,088 Posts
Obama and McCain both were at their very, very best last evening. Can we not simply enjoy this moment of welcome civility, in a particularly rancorous, cheaply spirited Presidential campaign? As I watched the TV coverage of the event, I felt a brief flash of...gee, I could enjoy knowing either one of those guys! ;)

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
We will walk away from this election knowing more about Obama and mcCain than we ever wanted to. Oh, and Joe the plumber, who isn't licensed, owes $1850 taxes on a home lien and admitted he hasn't a clue how to go about acquiring and run the business.

And WHO was that eating early behind the podium? Was he worried about not getting a last meal?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
It's interesting how some have felt the need to investigate Joe and put his shortcomings out there in an effort to discredit his question to Obama.

Never the less, the question remains valid and the answer very indicative of Obama's philosophy.

Joe posed a question on the minds of many, I'm sure. Now he's paying the price for his audacity.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I love the GOP playing the "shoot the messenger" game. The fact that Joe wasn't who he says he was clearly undermines the personal element of the story that McCain beat again and again and again and again.

That being said, it is a fair question to ask. Although from what I've read it would seem as though most small business, including Phantom Joe, wouldn't be impacted by Obama's tax policy as critics are now asserting.

If Joe does decide to become a plumber, and buy a business I'd suggest he hire a good tax guy who can bury his income in the business :)

-spence

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.