Men's Clothing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a college student who is very new to the art of fine clothes and accessories so please keep that in my when reading my question. I recently went to the Allen Edmonds store in Madison and bought two pairs of Byron perforated cap toe oxford shoes. One pair was chili and the other dark brown. I am very impressed with the way they feel and look. Quite a step up from the Johnston and Murphy's and Cole Haan's I have been purchasing wearing for around 150 to 175 dollars. My concern is that one pair of my Allen Edmonds seems to be wider than the other pair. They both read the same size and are the same style so I am puzzled. Has any one ever had an experience of buying AEs that were mislabeled? Before I started writing this I had a better thought. I have worn them both about 3 times but the chili pair has had shoe trees in them almost all the time where the brown (narrower) pair has not. Could a couple of days worth of shoe tree stretching make the difference when the other pair hasn't had any in them? They seem to be wider right at the ball of my foot where the trees feel like they're putting pressure on the sides. I know it probably sounds like an obvious or least dumb question but I just want to make sure I get it right!
Thanks.

Mike

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.