Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6,484 Posts
patrick - very nice pick up.

may i ask what the "posh" section is?
The store is unusual in that it benefits an agency that helps those without adequate insurance or funds get medical care, so there is a paid staff as well as volunteers. So they actually need to make a few bucks, more so than the shop connnected with the Congregational church in Kent, for instance.

There is a regular section, men's and women's, but the nicer pieces go to "Posh" and are priced higher than the usual thrift shop. Not outrageously so, but enough to make the seasoned thrifter do a double-take sometimes.

Not as bad as the Torrington Goodwill, where today I saw a perfectly nice but perfectly ordinary Burberry glen plaid suit for $150. Huh?

· Registered
6,484 Posts
It's amazing that you find jackets that fit you so well! Do you have them tailored or do they fit you off the rack like that?

Anyway, consider me jealous! It's a fantastic jacket...love the colors in it.
It was a good day. I found another jacket, a darted charcoal camel hair number, at the same place but in the regular section, so it was $5. Must have come from the same guy, because it too fits without any tweaking.

And a good thing, too, because the alterations tailor situation here is so bad I have taken to sending stuff down to my mother in Northern Virginia to take to the lady at Enrico's Cleaners in McLean. I have to indicate what I want done by means of notes and pins, but thus far it has been a successful venture. The postage adds up, but what can you do?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.