Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ike Behar shirts run extremely big, and searching the forums I saw this as well.

I mean real big.

I'm 5'10 and 210lbs and wear a 17 1/2 - 33; however, with Behar I had to size down to 17 because the shirts are so large. The arms could fit like three of mine and the stomach area was massive I had to tuck so much into my pants it was ridiculous.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting this is for in the future that other people who buy Behar can see this. I'm not sure if they are like this for all sizes but at 17 1/2 it was ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Robert Tallbott and Ike Behar are both oversized....

I think that they do this because most American men send their shirts to a laundry, and they don't want reurns because of shrinkage. This is why I always buy English shirts. Out of the box, they are the marked size. If you buy a 16 x 34, it will measure 16 x 34 when you remove it from the box. I do my own shirts, so I never have shrinkage problems. I like ordering the size I wear, not some oversize which is expected to shrink down.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have atleast 7 Ike Behar shirts and only one that was .... pretty much a tent but the rest they fit almost perfect. I'm 17-35 but I experimented with 36 and to my suprise it was nearly perfect. RB are tents atlest what I have and I wont buy from this brand anymore because of this.
Last month I scored 3 T.M. Lewin on ebay ofcourse, for $34 shipped and I'm very happy although they are 17-34.5

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.