Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned in a post that I and my friends were withdrawing our investments in the United States.....we are not Americans and do not live in America. I was rudely attacked and called all sorts of names such as "troll" and was told that either I unconditionally allied myself with America our I was "an enemy". (what does that mean?).

I, with as much civility as I could muster, explained that the American economy was about to crash and that new legislation did not insure the rights of investors over corporations.......attacked again and not with civility!

Americans need to remember that they are rated in 44th place for freedom of the media. This means that some second and/or third world countries have a freer press than the U.S.

Outside the U.S. we are more and better informed about the real state of America than Americans living within the States themselves.

As you may have noticed the American economy has fallen below the floor as all of us outside of the U.S. knew it would.

The money I withdrew from American borders has since been tripled by investing it in Asia. If I'm a troll at least I'm a rich one.

Thank you.

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The statistics come from CNN......

The CNN we have outside the United States......much of its' reporting is not transmitted to North America.

Don't misunderstand me: because I prefer to know the truth rather than close my eyes and be guided by biased ideology does not make me an "enemy". I still love and have great hopes for America.

Recent American ideology pushing such as "you're either with us (blindly) or you're against us" does not have its' place in this forum. Innocently mentioning the certain future decline in American economics and I thought it wise to withdraw my money before it was too late does not make me a troll.

Reverting to name calling rather than researching ones' position and facing the truth like a man can only lead to unfavorable consequences for both an individual and a country.

Attacking me as some of the members here did was simply a stupid thing to do....I'm sure there are many that now wish they had listened to the voices of reason and honesty before they lost so much of their personal savings.

· Registered
1,193 Posts
In this list America is number 53!
I note that this is by Reporters Without Borders and is 2 years old.

The 2008 Reporters Without Borders list has the US at 36 (tied). You may be fairly mortified to note that France is 35th. The rankings are more about safety of reporters than quality of news in any particular country.

https://www.rsf.org/article.php3?id_article=29031

Interestingly, Thailand is 124.

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I'm french

and in France we all know about the poor state of affairs concerning our press. In almost ever country I have been no one privately denies the control private or public powers have over the mass media.......The average American however grows up believing that only his/her country reports all the truth in an open and unbiased fashion. The mass media, from newspapers to movies to television and to book publishing is controlled by a small group of people be it America, France or any other country. The biggest problem in the United States today is the political repression conducted on the media and courts to help "sway" reporters and judges to the opinions of the ruling administration (as indicated in the article)..........in France we have the same thing but at least we know it.

I have chosen to maintain hope for the future, both for my children and for yours.

Good thing I installed Google Toolbar that checks my spelling or none there are that could read my writing.

· Registered
267 Posts
While I am American, I did my undergrad in Montreal. During the first Gulf War I was surprised how different the media coverage was compared to what relatives in the US were watching.

Incidentally the CBC did a show on the Fifth Estate called "To Sell a War" that exposed a lot of the media manipulation that went on during that time.
Remember those images of scud missiles being shot down? Those were demonstrations filmed in Saudi Arabia.

You can download it here.

https://onebigtorrent.org/torrents/3810/To-Sell-a-War-1992-CBC

Here's their latest media critique.

https://www.documen.tv/asset/018Lies_To_War.html

· Registered
1,004 Posts
<snip>

.......The average American however grows up believing that only his/her country reports all the truth in an open and unbiased fashion.

<snip>

I have chosen to maintain hope for the future, both for my children and for yours.

Good thing I installed Google Toolbar that checks my spelling or none there are that could read my writing.
Wow, it is great to finally have someone on the list who knows all about the average American. Perhaps you can tell us why the average American loves to eat barbeque! I have wondered about that since forever! Thanks in advance...

Buzz

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, it is great to finally have someone on the list who knows all about the average American. Perhaps you can tell us why the average American loves to eat barbeque! I have wondered about that since forever! Thanks in advance...

Buzz
So you mean to say that Americans should not be held responsible for their actions,,,that they should be treated as children who understand not what they do? Words mean nothing, man is judged by his actions. A country is the sum of its' citizens so as a country has acted so has acted the citizens of that country. In Europe we study Classical as well as Historical Philosophy so we are raised understanding the techniques of proper thinking and judgment. In an intellectual perspective what you have said makes no sense but I knew someone would come along with a nonsensical attack simply because they don't like what I said regardless of demonstrable realities.

I saw the truth, took out my money and I and my family are fine. Where I live we are not in a recession....can the "average American" say the same? Your words have no reality but the money I have in the banque and the resilient economy I live in do.

My mother and my teachers taught me as a child to never believe what I hear but believe, after investigation, what I see, touch and can examine. It would be wise should everyone learn to do the same.

· Registered
1,004 Posts
So you mean to say that Americans should not be held responsible for their actions,,,that they should be treated as children who understand not what they do? Words mean nothing, man is judged by his actions. A country is the sum of its' citizens so as a country has acted so has acted the citizens of that country. In Europe we study Classical as well as Historical Philosophy so we are raised understanding the techniques of proper thinking and judgment. In an intellectual perspective what you have said makes no sense but I knew someone would come along with a nonsensical attack simply because they don't like what I said regardless of demonstrable realities.

I saw the truth, took out my money and I and my family are fine. Where I live we are not in a recession....can the "average American" say the same? Your words have no reality but the money I have in the banque and the resilient economy I live in do.

My mother and my teachers taught me as a child to never believe what I hear but believe, after investigation, what I see, touch and can examine. It would be wise should everyone learn to do the same.
No, I mean, "It is great to finally have someone on the list who knows all about the average American. Perhaps you can tell us why the average American loves to eat barbeque! I have wondered about that since forever!" The rest is a product of your hyper-kinetic imagination and high self-esteem. Thank you, Noble, I appreciate your exertions...and your exertions are most impressive...but I do not need anybody to tell me what I mean.

Buzz

· Registered
278 Posts
Board members,

Please forgive Nobel. He knows not what he speaks. He's French and like all French people he was born with an inferiority complex. It's what happens after centuries of relying on other countries to bail your own out. It's ok Nobel, maybe next time Nazis occupy your country our small-minded ignorant media won't report it at all. Then again, would the French really care about being occupied?

Sincerely,
Stringfellow

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I see the loonies are back.

This thread began in a nice, civilized and somewhat academic fashion until our impotent members decided to show their rudeness....its interesting to see how rudimentary your techniques are to detour the object of my post and the first replies that were mature and relevant.

The U.S. economy has been in recession for over a year but this fact has only been publicly released in the past few weeks. For over a year the U.S. government. the bankers and corporate America knew you were in a recession. I and my friends on the other side of the planet knew....it seems the only ones that didn't know were the American people or "the average American" for lack of a better term although this is the term generally accepted in academic circles.

You two have given a direct demonstration of the stupidity and rudeness I first referred to: Average American (or Average Frenchmen..Chinese, Brit, etc...) is a generic term commonly used to reference the typical element within a group.......somehow you have found the means to be rude with something that no educated or cultured person could possibly find offensive.

I made reference to the fact that the American economy was soon to fall and for so saying I was attacked in the same way that you now attack me. Only a blind imbecile could today argue that the U.S. economy has indeed fallen so the facts (verifiable action) have proven me to be right and correct in my earlier statements so those that used name calling to insult me should, perhaps for the first time in their lives, stand up and be men thus taking responsibility for their rude and stupid conduct............of course I'm asking too much but one is allowed to dream.

· Registered
1,004 Posts
This thread began in a nice, civilized and somewhat academic fashion until our impotent members decided to show their rudeness....its interesting to see how rudimentary your techniques are to detour the object of my post and the first replies that were mature and relevant.

The U.S. economy has been in recession for over a year but this fact has only been publicly released in the past few weeks. For over a year the U.S. government. the bankers and corporate America knew you were in a recession. I and my friends on the other side of the planet knew....it seems the only ones that didn't know were the American people or "the average American" for lack of a better term although this is the term generally accepted in academic circles.

You two have given a direct demonstration of the stupidity and rudeness I first referred to: Average American (or Average Frenchmen..Chinese, Brit, etc...) is a generic term commonly used to reference the typical element within a group.......somehow you have found the means to be rude with something that no educated or cultured person could possibly find offensive.

I made reference to the fact that the American economy was soon to fall and for so saying I was attacked in the same way that you now attack me. Only a blind imbecile could today argue that the U.S. economy has indeed fallen so the facts (verifiable action) have proven me to be right and correct in my earlier statements so those that used name calling to insult me should, perhaps for the first time in their lives, stand up and be men thus taking responsibility for their rude ans stupid conduct............of course I'm asking too much but one is allowed to dream.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I find French self-agrandizement to be so...so...so thrilling! It just sends chills up and down my spine. Let me guess, Noble, you were a bottle baby, weren't you?

Buzz

· Registered
527 Posts
the American economy falling was only a matter of time, i mean American could only support and protect oh, how many countries? (all of western europe, japan, korea, etc, etc) for so long, but then i suppose it was our own fault that everyone based their economy on us and not themselves

· Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lets see, its a weekday morning in America now....

so the unemployed and uneducated with no friends to talk to are on the net making silly insults with no basis in reality...kind of like masturbation of which I'm certain you are experts.

I and my children have enough money to sit back and do nothing for the rest of our lives and even my grandchildren and great grandchildren could do the same......my children will do as their father did and my father before me: obtain the best possible education and become productive and successful members of society.

The mindless name calling techniques you use prove your ignorance and lack of social competence. Have any of you three every read a book or had a girlfriend?

You could try to explain why your government and media never reported your year of recession until now?

Anyways, I, my money, my education, travel, mistresses and children will bid you farewell...you're not worth wasting time with.

· Registered
1,004 Posts
so the unemployed and uneducated with no friends to talk to are on the net making silly insults with no basis in reality...kind of like masturbation of which I'm certain you are experts.

I and my children have enough money to sit back and do nothing for the rest of our lives and even my grandchildren and great grandchildren could do the same......my children will do as their father did and my father before me: obtain the best possible education and become productive and successful members of society.

The mindless name calling techniques you use prove your ignorance and lack of social competence. Have any of you three every read a book or had a girlfriend?

You could try to explain why your government and media never reported your year of recession until now?

Anyways, I, my money, my education, travel, mistresses and children will bid you farewell...you're not worth wasting time with.
He's sanctimonious and he's rich! Oh. My. God. It is just to die for...I mean it, just to die! Please don't go, Mr. Frenchman! We love you...we really, really adore you!

Buzz

· Registered
5,152 Posts
So Noble, One must ask, out of curiosity. What will you do with all your increased wealth?
Heres an idea: buy equipment for a radio station. Perhaps you can locate it in Tijuana or offshore in a ship disquised as a somali pirate. Then start broadcasting RADIO FREE AMERICA, in our difficult patois sharing all the censored news intermixed with our decadent and equally censored rock and roll.
Or maybe you could set up a food bank and deliver shiploads of bulk food to the port of San Pedro.
Oh, and if the reconquista overuns parts of east L.A., shooting the native chicanos, suspect in their allegiance,
perhaps a few combat brigades of legion estranger? they are, after all by law non french enlistees, mostly from GERMANY.
One thing you did get right militarily.
I'm off to cafe provencal for coffee andd crossant, one other thing you manage with some competancy.
But alas, le retort for rudeness is SOP.

· Inactive User
2,695 Posts
...Anyways, I, my money, my education, travel, mistresses and children will bid you farewell...you're not worth wasting time with.
Yeah right, you bid us farewell. hmmmm lets see how long it takes for you to post again. Anyone want to place bets?

Oh and no I dont have a girlfriend - I happily enjoy suffering from the 'french disease' je suis gai!!!

· Inactive User
2,695 Posts
He's sanctimonious and he's rich! Oh. My. God. It is just to die for...I mean it, just to die! Please don't go, Mr. Frenchman! We love you...we really, really adore you!

Buzz
Buzz, I bow before the master of irony or satire or what ever it is called. If i was schooled in France I'd know but I'm just a dumb 'merican. I can only a spire..............:icon_hailthee::icon_hailthee::icon_hailthee:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.