Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So says VP Cheney about the economic crisis.
WHAT?
We track dangerous meteors, weather, outbreaks of disease and WMD's.
And Nobody saw the impending implosion of our greedhead economy.
Laissez fair is Laissez wrong.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And, should any of our gutless wonders have the temerity to bring charges for shredding the consititution, Obama will say " oh, Dick and George? They were just guys in the nieghborhood.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
And, should any of our gutless wonders have the temerity to bring charges for shredding the consititution, Obama will say " oh, Dick and George? They were just guys in the nieghborhood.
Charges have been brought and filed against Bush with Cheney heavily implicated. 35 Articles of Impeachment no less. Funny, though, that not many people have heard of this even though it's a big sort of thing.

https://kucinich.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?documentid=93581

It's a hell of a case. Also funny, though, that the gutless wonders in the House won't take this up. Funny as in tragedy.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We all have our own local 'kooks' so Kucinich is nothing extraordinary.
He does remind me of a comedy sketch by an impersonator long ago. It was the Cowardly Lion in a fight with Barney Fife.

·
Registered
915 Posts
What we have in our economy is pretty far from an open market. The rules for mortgage based securities were established in the early 80's, and everything was OK until the fed started encouraging banks to increase the sales of subprime mortgages, and held interest rates insanely low after the tech bubble burst.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I heard something similar at a seminar a few weeks back, "Nobody saw this coming..." An uncontrolled chuckle emerged much louder than I had hoped. I don't pay very close attention to the news or markets, but this situation wasn't surprising.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
My suspicious side suspects that saying "we didn't see it coming" in relation to the economic meltdown is all part of a well-orchestrated plan to absolve the numerous embarassing failures of the Bush presidency and try to create a positive "legacy" where done is deserved. IMO, this is in the same vein as blaming the invasion of Iraq on poor intelligence...when it's fairly apparent that Iraq was in the scopes of GWB's White House long before we fired a single missle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.