Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a long-time fan of Borrelli made-to-measure shirts and bought all of mine from the NYC boutique. I was just informed that the boutique will no longer be offering made-to-measure shirts, and I went around the corner to Bergdorf Goodman which also doesn't offer Borrelli made-to-measure anymore. The boutique now offers Finamore, a brand with which I am not familiar, but did some research and found out that it is owned by the same parent company as Borrelli. Does anyone have any background on this? I'd love to keep buying my Borrelli shirts, but I've checked all of the obvious places in NYC and can't find them. I'm afraid I need to find a new brand.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
You won't find MTM Borrelli shirts in America anymore as the man (a Mr. de Corato) who owns and controls all the Borrelli boutiques in the USA (New York, Boston, Palm Beach and San Francisco) and the distribution of Borrelli to department stores in the US has discontinued MTM Borrelli shirts in favor of Finamore. You will only be able to purchase RTW Borrelli shirts in the US and would have to go to Europe to have one MTM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your explanation. Do you know much about Finamore? I've been told they are not quite up to the quality of Borrelli, but frankly I have no clue. I've been thinking about trying Brioni or Kiton, but of course that requires moving up the price point quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
If you are willing to pay Kiton MTM prices perhaps you should just go all the way to Charvet.

Either way, you can get a bespoke shirt for less than the price of Charvet or Kiton MTM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.