Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an approximately nine year old "Burberry's" Navy blazer with the gold "Burberry" symbol on them. This coat is a great looking coat and is made of very nice wool. I had it tailored and it fits like a glove. My question is if I wear this again, can you tell that this coat is old? I personally don't see it in the coat, but I may be blinded by the fact that I would like to wear it. I have recently bought a Ralph lauren coat, but I can't tell much difference except in the color itself.

· Registered
143 Posts
Wear it if you like it. Unless it has obvious tears, holes or stains wear it.

No joke, my most complimented piece of clothing is a brown denim like jacket that my Grandfather used to wear while working in the yard.

This jacket probably cost him 20 dollars new at Sears in the late sixties...lol...I couldn't stop my ex girlfriend from wearing it constantly.

If you like it, that's all that matters. :icon_smile_big:

· Registered
9 Posts
I think we have the exact same jacket. I was wondering something similar recently, but the wool still looks great and has worn very well. I swear no one knows the difference. New/old, it's a classic blazer. I'll be wearing mine until there's some actual problem with it.

· Registered
2,538 Posts
The two things that most indicate a blazer is "old" are elbow wear and the condition of the buttons, assuming they are metal. So, if the elbows, and also the underside of the forearms, are still not showing signs of wear, and the sleeve buttons, which get hit every time you put your arm on a table, desk, armchair, or bar, are still looking fairly pristine, you are good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.