Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not much of a hat guy, so looking for a nice cap to go with a peacoat and jeans/chinos, something a bit more stylish than a watch cap or beanie. Any recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
27,866 Posts
I am not much of a hat guy, so looking for a nice cap to go with a peacoat and jeans/chinos, something a bit more stylish than a watch cap or beanie. Any recommendations?
A Greek fisherman's cap in black or navy wool would be in keeping with the nautical theme as long as you're prepared to say, "Avast, ma' hearties!" :icon_smile_big:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wool

The wool cap is not a bad option.

As another option, you might consider Tilley. They have winter hats that I've worn on occasion when I know that I'm going to be standing outside for more than a few minutes.

MinnMD

·
Connoisseur
5,988 Posts
Back in the day when I still wore my Navy pea coat I often wore my Navy watch cap with it. After all, I often wore that watch cap with it when I was actually in the Navy so I saw no reason to not wear it with it after I got out of the Navy.

But to answer your question, I currently wear a wool car coat instead of the pea coat and my usual choice of headgear is a flat, or ivy, cap. I would wear that with the pea coat too if I still wore the pea coat.

I still wear the watch cap too. In fact I wore it last Monday night to the Titans-Colts game, but more often than not it is the flat cap now. My choice generally depends on how cold it is.

Cruiser

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.