Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts

· Registered
146 Posts
My parents took me to Boyd's in 1996 as I was finishing graduate school to buy a suit for my upcoming job search. At the time I had no idea how nice a gift that was, but still remember the experience of the salespeople. Somehow they knew I was unlikely to be afford another for awhile so gave me something that would stay (mostly) in style until I was ready for my next one. Wonderful store, have a great time!

· Registered
13,646 Posts
Glad to hear that the store is "very profitable," which I assume is true if it is undergoing a $10 million renovation - that seems like a crazy big number for a stand-alone clothing store.

Also, A customer came in and bought 44 garments (sounded like suits as they said he bought the shirts, ties, etc. to go with them) and 9 more when he came back to pick up the 44. I am suspicious as it would almost be impossible to have 44 suits measured for tailoring in a day (even if you had the patience).

All that said, great story and wonderful to know the store is there and thriving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.