Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - Apologies for the naivete in this post - it's my first...

I saw at Attolini suit on eBay (url below). My question is whether it would likely fit me. My measurements for a Hickey Freeman MTM shirt are 19.25" across the back and my waist is 34" and length 32" with sleeve at 25.25". The wasit of my Hickey jacket is 19" and the chest is 21".

On the surface the measurements seem very close (and slightly larger) to what would fit given the eBay description. So my questions are:

Is a 19" shoulder going to be enough smaller than 19.25" to likely matter?

Could the suit be too slim-fitting anyway even though the measurements seem bigger than my Hickey suit? (my thighs aren't huge but I would say they are bigger than average by nature and I've heard that Attolini suits are pretty slim-fitting.)

All comments would be appreciated!

· Registered
472 Posts
Quarter inch difference on the working sleeve might make a difference, as the jacket is longer. But that's not much and you may be able to tweak it. My main concern would be jacket length. The R sizes always seem a bit longer than the usual R, but that might still work for you. You may want to verify against your HF jacket (measure length from bottom of collar to end of jacket and compare).

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response, ykurtz. It turns out that the length is an exact fit for my Hickey in the jacket, so that's good.

But I'm still concerned about the "slimness" that is often attributed to Attolini. Could it still be too slim or do the external measurements trump this concern if they are on target?

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.