Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys were such great help with last years valentines day vacation here. This Year we are going to New Orleans and I need your advice on footwear. Without wearing tennis shoes, what would my best bet be for walking during the day. My Alden barrie last NST's are my most comfortable shoe so I thought Alden chucca's on the barrie last from AOC might suit the need. Advise, suggestions?

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't suggest a particular shoe, but wear something comfortable. Parking is tough in the French Quarter and you end up doing a lot of walking. New Orleans tends to get kind of wet too so you might want to rethink suede.

Check out Bywater barbecue while your down there. Good food, no lines and not too expensive.

https://www.frommers.com/destinations/neworleans/D63759.html

CCs has great coffee, Rue de la Course on Magazine is an uptown cafe in where a lot of locals hang out.

DBA on Frenchman is a cool little bar with a huge beer selection and has great local bands. (Frenchman is just outside the quarter - facing cafe du monde take a left until you come to a fire station.) There are a lot of cool jazz clubs on Frenchman as well.

One eyed jacks on Toulouse has a kind of secret upstairs called the matador room where celebrities sometimes hang out.

If someone bets you they can tell you where you got your shoes, well.... I'll let you figure that one out for yourself.
Thanks for the suggestions. We're not planning of driving due to the proximity of Mardi Gras, and we're staying at the Ritz on Canal so we're centrally located.

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
... I don't bring ANYTHING on trips that I don't mind destroying, losing at the airport, or being relieved of by a mugger. That means the nicest watches, shoes, clothes, etc. stay home. You don't have to look like a slob, but your favorites should probably take a break and yield to your second tier selection.
Thats my thinking, my aldens are the second most comfortable shoes I own next to handmade western boots. Boots would be silly, and I don't want to thrash some shell down there so I thought the chukkas would be a good bet, especially with AOC'c commando sole. I think i'll order them and try them out. I've got #8 Indys on order, but they won't be in on time. I love justifying new shoes. :aportnoy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.