Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Site Creator
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the movie and, of course, I enjoyed it. Little problem that for the era depicted the trousers didn't have pleats and cuffs, and the "Italian" jackets had four sleeve buttons (not three) plus they didn't appear to be the working kind.

·
Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
36,701 Posts
The two movie Trailers they have out advertising the House of Gucci movie certainly do entice one to grab their popcorn and a diet Coke and pull up a seat to enjoy an interesting flick! Whether one's primary interest be with the sartorial issues or the reportedly explosive family dynamics, it promises to be an absorbing two hours. However, I suspect I will have to wait for it to come out on Paramount before I will be able to watch it in it's entirety. Looking forward to it. ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
This for me was a movie with some unusual high quality of design of all scenes, dresses and details. Obviously Gucci was pretty attentive. And I have to say Lady Gaga impressed as an excellent actress. The story starts a little slow but revs up later on. Clearly some go to movie.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For me, this movie is beautiful in everything, so I was very happy to watch this one again. The 158 minutes fly by in the blink of an eye. Ridley Scott made exactly the kind of movie you get high from, admiring the famous actors, looking at the people who are ruining the Great Empire by their actions.

Before watching it, I didn't know much about the history of Gucci, other than the fact that it's a well-known brand I didn't know much about. How plausible it was, of course, to judge those who are familiar with history, I was, to put it mildly, surprised how very rich people do not know how to manage something that brings not only money but also pleasure.

If you take the artistic component, the movie is great. The atmosphere of that time is so chic that you sink into it quite quickly, I would especially note the music, it underlines the style of the time, you listen and enjoy it.

This is probably the most Italian film I've ever seen. I won't say I'm a big fan of Italy, but this movie is steeped in love with Italy, Ridley did a great job, I haven't been as high as I am from the direction of the old Ridley Scott in a long time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts