Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
WHat is the deal with their sleeve length? Will the 15.5s fit a 36 sleeve?
I would tend to doubt that.

E&R should be encouraged to post sleeve-length info on their site. IIRC, they do what a lot of British shirt retailers do: That is, they make each neck size in one sleeve length (maybe two if it's a common neck size) and expect the customer to get the sleeves adjusted 'after market' if need be.

Usually, the sleeves get longer as the necks get bigger, so a 15.5/36 is not in the cards.

Wouldn't hurt to ask them, though.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I wondered that sleeve length was not given in a sizing chart ....

Duchamp shirts are much the same, only giving the neck size, but they have a sizing chart which gives sleeve length. My first Duchamp shirts had to be adjusted and there wasn't much room left (1/2 inch to the gusset button). Now they have shortened the sleeve length and a wash in hot water provides me with the proper sleeve length through shrinkage.

The E&R shirts look nice and they are very affordable with the exchange rate being reduced. I hope they continue with listing their accessories, and put more of them on-line. It took me awhile to figure out the contact info, but I'll e-mail them about sleeve length etc. They also don't give shirt rating: 100s x 2 ply etc.

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Some AAAC member in a town with an E&R branch needs to go in and clue them into all the helpful feedback that our forum's members are laying down.

I mean, my goodness, we have the head honcho of Allen-Edmonds rapping earnestly with us on another thread . . . I think these E&R johnnies should be able to spare us a click.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Some AAAC member in a town with an E&R branch needs to go in and clue them into all the helpful feedback that our forum's members are laying down.

I mean, my goodness, we have the head honcho of Allen-Edmonds rapping earnestly with us on another thread . . . I think these E&R johnnies should be able to spare us a click.
I'll be living about ten minutes' walking time away from an E&R shop in six months or so. I could be that AAACer perhaps.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Fantastic improvement! And I'd just looked at the site Monday night and they hadn't updated...

I'm disappointed that the waiscoats only go up to 46, although in another month or so I might come down to meet them rather than hoping they'll come up to meet me.

Unfortunately for those of us in the US, the drop-down list for "country" in the shopping cart only includes Europe. :(

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
All their stiff collars (via the legal section) are made by Luke Eyres which has more or less a monopoly on stiff collar manufacture. I think their maybe two others (one's Wessex Collars for Budds and another one which does not mark its collars/ they make the butterfly and high imperial collars and I have a feeling it maybe Barker but I haven't heard that they make collars, I'm going by the Poirot connection only).

I have heard that stiff collars these days are not very consistent in quality because of manufacturing problems and workstaff being ill or retiring, etc. Some are starched too soft and so need to be re-starched.

EDIT: sorry, mis-read your question!

The semi-stiff variety are washable but their stiffness do not compare to the starched variety. The day collars can be used for normal everyday wear and they are the same for many a shirt that you buy in tunic form. The wing version however is not worth the purchase. The wings are thin and floppy like oTR attached versions and the collar body is vaguely semi-stiff, in fact I class it as soft. The height is 1 3/4", not 2".

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.