Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting a new collar for wear with morning dress (as if I ever get to wear it:rolleyes:),and I think I'm going with this one from VSC.

Here it is:

Would a rounded collar be acceptable with morning dress,or should I go with this one:

On a side note,does anyone have some insight as to where to wear morning dress?I'm getting "cabin fever",so to speak,and I'm desperate to be able to wear it.I suppose I could sweetalk a friend or relative into allowing guests to wear morning attire to their wedding if all else fails.

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like the first one, but the second one is probably more appropriate.
Yeah,I thought that too.Maybe I'll get both and use the first collar with my stroller,which I wear fairly often.Most people have no idea what it is and simply compliment me on my "cool pants,"but every now and then someone in the know tells me they appreciate seeing someone bold enough to wear a stroller.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Yeah,I thought that too.Maybe I'll get both and use the first collar with my stroller,which I wear fairly often.Most people have no idea what it is and simply compliment me on my "cool pants,"but every now and then someone in the know tells me they appreciate seeing someone bold enough to wear a stroller.
If I see someone in North Carolina wearing a stroller, even without the rounded collar, I'll assume it's you. And of course I'd say hello. :)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Be aware that the second collar is a soft detachable, whereas I think that the first is stiff. For morning dress these days I normally go for a stiff detachable turndown collar in a semi-cutaway style, like the last one on this page:

https://uk.geocities.com/anthony_hugh_jordan/Turndown_Collars.html

I might experiment with the double-round style you first pictured, but the more conventional style would be first choice for me.

You could, of course, compromise with a semi-cutaway collar with rounded points, like this one:

https://www.newandlingwood.com/product.php?id=94

This is distinctive without being too obvious.

This shallow style of collar is also an interesting one (a recent eBay purchase, shown here worn with a stroller for Armistice Day):

I quite happily wear half morning dress/black jacket/morning jacket/stroller to work or church, morning dress I usually reserve for church at Christmas and Easter, the odd university-related function, weddings where requested, etc.

·
Aficianado
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Be aware that the second collar is a soft detachable, whereas I think that the first is stiff. For morning dress these days I normally go for a stiff detachable turndown collar in a semi-cutaway style, like the last one on this page:

https://uk.geocities.com/anthony_hugh_jordan/Turndown_Collars.html

I might experiment with the double-round style you first pictured, but the more conventional style would be first choice for me.

You could, of course, compromise with a semi-cutaway collar with rounded points, like this one:

https://www.newandlingwood.com/product.php?id=94

This is distinctive without being too obvious.

This shallow style of collar is also an interesting one (a recent eBay purchase, shown here worn with a stroller for Armistice Day):

I quite happily wear half morning dress/black jacket/morning jacket/stroller to work or church, morning dress I usually reserve for church at Christmas and Easter, the odd university-related function, weddings where requested, etc.
I was indeed aware that the second style was soft.Perhaps I'll go with the "Albany" collar (picture will not come up so I'm linking to the site).

·
Registered
784 Posts
I wouldn't wear the "Double Round" style with a stroller. I wear those with a suit during the day. Sometimes the evening.

With the stroller I would opt for the Luke Eyres "Cameron." or the Harvie & Hudson "Kent." They're both stiff, cutaway styles that serve well.

·
Registered
565 Posts
You could, of course, compromise with a semi-cutaway collar with rounded points, like this one
Just in case anyone is interested, it's possible to buy the Arundel style (Anthony's second collar) directly from Luke Eyres. You have to buy a minumum of six, and the price per collar (about £4.40) works out to a considerably lesser amount than what N&L charges for theirs.

Anthony - that third collar is very nice, and I've been looking for something like it for some time now. Who is the maker?

Geoff

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.