Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Today I got a Boss coat in sale, the price was 700 euros, and I paid 400 euros. I have never paid that money for a single thing. I know is normal for some menbers, but for me is the first time, even if it was a sale, if I think of the original 700 euros is crazy for a coat. Anyway, I am thinking why nice things cost so much and if this is overpriced at the original 700 euros.

The desing is nice, I understand a lot is charged for that in famous designer clothes. The thing is mainly colombo wool and cashmere in a small level, . So it this something that can cost that much? it is overpriced at 700 euros? just paying brand?

I saw a very nice zegna coat at 1000 euros, you can see is better quality and definetelly nicer than a 250 euros coat (which is nice too) , but I don´t think the quality is three times better. The desing is three times better, that´s is true, maybe that´s the key of the question . I wonder how much can cost a good personally tailored coat in savile row.

best regards

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Pictures!

You have to remember, to get a coat that is 10% better then another, it is likely to cost more then 10% to make.

I am sure many people will say you are paying for a brand or it is overpriced. However, Savile Row bespoke is a brand itself, you have to pay more because they pay higher rent. Whereas someone can make the same quality using the same methods and skill, off The Row but as a cheaper price. However, it does not mean Savile Row bespoke is overpriced.

Another issue with cost is design. You have to pay more if more design is involved and generally with brands like Alexander McQueen focus more on design rather then quality.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Real Question(s) I Have Is........

Do you like the coat?

Does it fit you well?

Do you smile when you look in the mirror after putting it on?

If you answered yes to any or all of the above, then you got your money's worth. Well done and enjoy your purchase and if you have a pic or two, post them.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
To answer the question, Hugo Boss and the various lines are way overpriced. You got a good deal. 400 euros is alittle more than $500. But the zegna coat for 1000 euro or $1290 is a better coat. Why? because, it is constructed better. Boss is fused (glued) Zegna (not Z zegna) is canvassed. It will hold up longer and look better over the years. I have owned Boss garments. None of them have held up more than 2-3 years. I have Zegna garments and some of the suits I have are 10 years old and in great shape.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the anserws, I will take pictures tomorow and post them, I like the coat, the design is very nice, so I guess is wort it then. I would not have paid the 700 though .

Is interesting what you said about the zegna coat, in that case to pay the difference from 700 to 100 is well done, the quality factor seems to be paired with the design, I think that´s important when you are buying expensive clothes. I am sure the boss coat is going to be much better and nicer than almost everything you see around, but if the zegna is going to last for many years, with that you are doing an investment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.