Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed a bit before but I do not think it had it's own thread. Forgive me if it has.

I'll start...

1. I treat them once or twice with Lexol just to ensure the leather is fed (you never know how long they have been in a warehouse drying out...). 2. Next I apply 2 coats of wax polish and buff with horsehair brush. Generally I only buff with a polish cloth the first time. After that I just brush.
3. I then apply taps to the heel / toe areas.
4. Wear them with pride!

Comments, questions or suggestions.....?

What do you do???
Why?

·
Registered
830 Posts
I rub them vigorously with crisco and then shower with them - sans socks! i follow this up with a 2 mile jog..

seriously - i wear them inside for a few days to make certain they fit and then just give em some Kiwi and a stiff brush before wearing them outside. nothing special - the kiwi protects them while you are breaking them in

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like I'm overdoing it a bit with the Lexol.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sounds like I'm overdoing it a bit with the Lexol.
Thoughts?
I don't think so. It's your system and if you're happy with the results, that's all that matters.

If you are a value shopper and order online a lot, you may be onto something re: the warehouse, etc.

I wear my shoes around the house to ensure they fit.

After that, I take my new shoes to a little shoe repair shop downtown for their first "treatment". They do a nice, machine-like even coating that I cannot attain.

After the first 2-3 wearings, I Kiwi them on my own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.