Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!,

Last month, I asked about having a bespoke three piece suit made with LP Winter Tasmanian super 150 fabric:

https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/threads/loro-piana-fabric.238972/

I thought I would let anyone who is interested know that a couple days ago I had a final try on with my tailor and then took it home. Now that I see this fabric "made up" into a full suit (instead of a small swatch in the book) I am thrilled! It was a fine choice. The somewhat heavier weight drapes nicely and feels great, the color/pattern is very handsome, and the fabric overall just exudes high quality. Additionally, my tailor did another fine job. I had already commissioned the suit before posting but was still curious to get some opinions from other members who have more experience with different fabrics. A big thanks to all who chimed in. In my humble opinion and experience, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this LP fabric to anyone, member or otherwise, that is interested in a nice suit in a mid to higher super numbers fabric. Anyways, I just thought I would give a quick update that this commission had a happy ending! Thanks again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello All!,

Last month, I asked about having a bespoke three piece suit made with LP Winter Tasmanian super 150 fabric:

https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/threads/loro-piana-fabric.238972/

I thought I would let anyone who is interested know that a couple days ago I had a final try on with my tailor and then took it home. Now that I see this fabric "made up" into a full suit (instead of a small swatch in the book) I am thrilled! It was a fine choice. The somewhat heavier weight drapes nicely and feels great, the color/pattern is very handsome, and the fabric overall just exudes high quality. Additionally, my tailor did another fine job. I had already commissioned the suit before posting but was still curious to get some opinions from other members who have more experience with different fabrics. A big thanks to all who chimed in. In my humble opinion and experience, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this LP fabric to anyone, member or otherwise, that is interested in a nice suit in a mid to higher super numbers fabric. Anyways, I just thought I would give a quick update that this commission had a happy ending! Thanks again.
Do you mind if I ask how much it cost from A to Z? This is something my boyfriend has wanted to do for awhile now, but it always seems super expensive.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad it came out so well!

In the parlance of our times...pics, or it didn't happen! ;)
Glad it came out so well!

In the parlance of our times...pics, or it didn't happen! ;)
Oh it happened...wonderfully! Sorry about photos but I'm rather conscientious in regards to what I put out there on the internet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great to hear you like your suit. I have never bought anything in that high of a super but I was just in my tailors a bit ago looking at some stuff in the S150 range and I thought about the discussions in that thread.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great to hear you like your suit. I have never bought anything in that high of a super but I was just in my tailors a bit ago looking at some stuff in the S150 range and I thought about the discussions in that thread.
@Elessarcif,

Thanks for your kind words. A suit constructed of a mid to higher super fabric may be worth a try for you. Personally, I am really enjoying both of mine. I enjoyed hearing that you were thinking about the thread I started when you were visiting your tailor. That's interesting because literally just a couple days ago I was at my tailor talking to him about having him make me a couple bespoke sport coats and I was thinking about our conversation where you recommended I take a look at mohair! Until you mentioned it I had never even heard of that fabric (keep in mind though I'm still relatively new to this). I mentioned mohair for sport coats and he thought it was a very interesting venture. Particularly due to the fact that I live in such a hot and dry climate. He only had one book on hand (as he stated he doesn't get much demand for it) but said he could easily obtain more from different mills if this was a route I was serious about taking. Interesting isn't it? I'm glad I joined these boards. Helping each other out and sharing our knowledge is what it's all about. In fact, if the moderators don't think it is in violation of any rules (I don't know why it would be), perhaps I could start another thread about this to get some other opinions as well from members who have experience with this fabric. Fun times!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am so glad that I was able to help in anyway. I actually live in a very moderate place (seoul) but the hottest months are so miserable I started focusing just on them. Mohair deserves thread of its own. It's one of those fabrics that you actually rarely use on its own. Most are a blend.

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
Looks like it turned out alright! Even with a short sleeve shirt, the jacket sleeves are about an inch too long. They should end at your wrist and not hang over your hand. If there are working buttons on the cuffs (which should never be put in until the sleeve length has been perfected), you can shorten a little from the end and a bit from the shoulder too. The sleeves will have to be removed anyway because the pitch should be corrected. What concerns me the most about this suit is that the front/back balance is off, and the front is not hanging straight. I'm not sure how easy this is to correct now, which should have been done at the basted fitting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.