Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks to me like they are around 30% of -VAT (if non EU). Almost site wide.

I thought Poulsen Skone never went on sale ... Russian calf is still not however.

Their shirts are quite nice to

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
According to previous posts from London based SF'ers the N&L range was C&J the PoulsenSkone range was Grenson to Master Piece standard. On par with Dunhill & Paul Stuart I should think.

Anyone care to comment?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hello,
I bought a pair of the Grenson-made PS shoes during the last promotion and I love them. They compare very favourably to my EGs and I will hopefully pick up a pair of the PS Canterbury in suede during January. They are very beautiful shoes with channelled soles, painted waists etc. No collection is complete without some in my opinion!!

Hope this helps,
Chris.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just saw they still have some PS shoes on sale ... I would if i knew my size :icon_pale:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hello,

As I've said elsewhere on the forum, the Henley will be my next RTW shoe purchase within the next couple of weeks and your photos have definitely confirmed that for me. They look incredible!

Thanks very much for posting those pictures,

Chris.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Chris, Poulsen Skone Henley are not only the nice looking shoes, they are very comfortable too. They are really the best loafers that I have. Much better than C&J Benchgrade and slightly better than C&J Handgrade.They are not cheap but you would to pay the same price for the C&J Handgrade at www.plal.com

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hello,
Thanks very much for the reply. I bought a pair of the Henley on Wednesday and totally agree with everything that you have said. Grenson Masterpieces are my favourite RTW shoes as I think they are every bit as nice as my Edward Greens for a much more reasonable price. I now have 3 pairs from the N&L PS range and will complete the set soon I hope!

Thanks again,

Chris.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Chris, Poulsen Skone Henley are not only the nice looking shoes, they are very comfortable too. They are really the best loafers that I have. Much better than C&J Benchgrade and slightly better than C&J Handgrade.They are not cheap but you would to pay the same price for the C&J Handgrade at www.plal.com
$494 for the Poulsen Skone Henley in calf or suede, or
$425 for the in shell cordovan?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hello,
The PS shoes are made to a far higher standard than C&J benchgrades. They're also made on a much more elegant last. If you value the material above all of that then by all means go for the C&Js. Otherwise, the Grensons are, in my opinion, a much better proposition.

Chris.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks Chris. Congratulations on your purchase! I have only two pairs of the PS and I intend to buy the another one too because they are simply the best shoes I own. I have not any EG or Bespoke JL (St.James)... but I would like to buy the EG Shannon Oxford Boots (MTO).
Bezalel, Poulsen Skone (Grenson Masterpiece) is really much better than C&J Benchgrade.
Normally you have to pay for one pair Grenson Masterpiece $ 695 at Paul Stuart.
Poulsen Skone Henley Loafers are in my opinion just different shoes than C&J Henley.
I am very (positively) impressed with comfort, aesthetics and quality of the Poulsen Skone (Grenson Masterpiece).
Greetings,
Gregor

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hi Gregor,

That's a very good choice. The semi brogue (it's actually called the Richmond although the website calls it the Chester) isn't available at the sale price in-store, only online so get it whilst you can! Apparently it's N&L's best selling model. There's also another model available in-store but not online which actually is called the Chester! It's a plain oxford with a punched toe cap and swan's neck detailing similar to the EG Berkeley model. It's on sale for £299 too and is very beautiful indeed.

Chris.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.