Men's Clothing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a couple of new pairs of Bean's Double L Chino for 29.95 each. Over the years I've bought numerous pairs of chinos from L.L. Bean, but frankly the "Wrinkle Free" finish was just too stiff and almost looked and felt like a blend...with poor drape. I gained a few pounds and need a couple of pair of chinos to fill in the gap until I hopefully lose them so wanted to go inexpensively. I was amazed when they arrived. I don't know what they've done to the process, but they were definately a vast improvement over the last ones I bought. The material is so soft and has such a fluid drape they remind me of a well worn pair of RL Polo chinos that are among my favorites on feel alone. I couldn't detect any of the stiffness or lack of breathability one usually associates with non-iron or wrinkle resistant cotton. The inside waist band is a different color than in the past indicating a new batch. I ordered two more pair in additional colors today. (Who knows how long before I lose the weight?) I use the LL Bean Visa and didn't have to pay shipping or tax and had five $10 coupons accrued so the first two pair only set me back 9.90 in cash. Not bad even if they end up being around the house beaters since they feel so great. has anyone else had this experience?

·
Registered
6,477 Posts
I bought three pairs last summer, not sure if it's the same batch or not, but I like them just fine.

The creases are more or less permanent, though - which I don't mind, saves me ironing for those rare occasions I want that look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.